My first NPC Bikini show! Pics and Video

Options
So this past Saturday 8/24 I met my goal of competing in my first bikini comp!

What an amazing day and first competition! I had so much fun and learned so much. Although I didn't place I overcame my fear of being in front of people in a bikini and walked out LIKE A BOSS in the best shape of my life at age 39 with a 2yr old! My gorgeous niece Alli placed 2nd in her class and I'm soooo FREAKIN proud of her, words cannot express how overjoyed I am for her!
(The judges said I was too lean and cut for bikini and that I would have rocked the Figure level.)
That said I am now Beast Mode for the next show on Sept 28th. Watch out world!

Here's a link to the YouTube video my sister put of of me on stage: http://youtu.be/U1WIASFmpCw
This is a link to my blog where I chronicled the days events: http://blingsbikiniprepadventures.blogspot.com/2013/08/its-show-time.html

And here are a few pics.....XOXO Sh0ewh0re7 aka Bling it On aka Vicky

This was me about 5 months after baby, then 6 months and then 11 months after baby. All the work was done at home.
progress_zps8f146eb2.jpg

About a year later in May 2013, I decided I wanted to train for a bikini comp!

Back stage:
Top placement or not, I'M PROUD and humbled!
31_zps65b179a0.jpg

First time on stage...POSE DOWN!
Untitled_zpsf2e1884a.png

My backside has always been the source of my anxiety about being in a bikini in front of people! I can't believe that's me!
126_zps56ab4d3d.jpg

My gorgeous niece and I after the morning show.
262_zps184fb136.jpg

My biggest fan/supporter and the LOVE OF MY LIFE!
251_zpsc8d0ea3f.jpg

The woman behind these ROCKIN BODS...Amy Moore of Fit & Psyched
271_zps89a9a46e.jpg

What I was most looking forward too...MY PRIZE!!! LOL
58_zps6ab1481f.jpg

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You results are amazing.. You are still a winner and terrific results after 5 months. I always admire the commitment competitors make...It always shows in the body! Congrats again and good luck to you next one..
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have to know how you gained so much muscle tone in so little time! I am impressed. I don't have much weight to lose and am dying to increase my definition. You look amazing!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Amazing! My goal is also to compete is bikini or figure, so i have a couple questions for you.

You say you did everything at home... What type of exercises did you perform? What were you calories like? How did you learn about posing?

I would really love if you could share some info, i don't have the money to pay thousands of dollars to a trainer right now!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    So this past Saturday 8/24 I met my goal of competing in my first bikini comp!

What an amazing day and first competition! I had so much fun and learned so much. Although I didn't place I overcame my fear of being in front of people in a bikini and walked out LIKE A BOSS in the best shape of my life at age 39 with a 2yr old! My gorgeous niece Alli placed 2nd in her class and I'm soooo FREAKIN proud of her, words cannot express how overjoyed I am for her!
    (The judges said I was too lean and cut for bikini and that I would have rocked the Figure level.)
    That said I am now Beast Mode for the next show on Sept 28th. Watch out world!

Here's a link to the YouTube video my sister put of of me on stage: http://youtu.be/U1WIASFmpCw
    This is a link to my blog where I chronicled the days events: http://blingsbikiniprepadventures.blogspot.com/2013/08/its-show-time.html

And here are a few pics.....XOXO Sh0ewh0re7 aka Bling it On aka Vicky

This was me about 5 months after baby, then 6 months and then 11 months after baby. All the work was done at home.
    progress_zps8f146eb2.jpg

About a year later in May 2013, I decided I wanted to train for a bikini comp!

Back stage:
    Top placement or not, I'M PROUD and humbled!
    31_zps65b179a0.jpg

First time on stage...POSE DOWN!
    Untitled_zpsf2e1884a.png

My backside has always been the source of my anxiety about being in a bikini in front of people! I can't believe that's me!
    126_zps56ab4d3d.jpg

My gorgeous niece and I after the morning show.
    262_zps184fb136.jpg

My biggest fan/supporter and the LOVE OF MY LIFE!
    251_zpsc8d0ea3f.jpg

The woman behind these ROCKIN BODS...Amy Moore of Fit & Psyched
    271_zps89a9a46e.jpg

What I was most looking forward too...MY PRIZE!!! LOL
    58_zps6ab1481f.jpg

Awesome! Great job!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Damn. Just......DAMN.

What a fantastic inspiration you are to me!
  • caribear1984
    Options
    Wow! Your transformation is incredible and inspiring! Your hard work and dedication really show. Congratulations!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have to know how you gained so much muscle tone in so little time! I am impressed. I don't have much weight to lose and am dying to increase my definition. You look amazing!

I've always worked out in one form or another since I was 18. The muscle has always been there, I just had to get my diet in check for it to show!!!! It's not a MYTH when people say diet is about 70-80% of the battle!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Amazing! My goal is also to compete is bikini or figure, so i have a couple questions for you.

You say you did everything at home... What type of exercises did you perform? What were you calories like? How did you learn about posing?

I would really love if you could share some info, i don't have the money to pay thousands of dollars to a trainer right now!

I did the first part of my weight loss/tonging at home in the first year and a half after I had my baby. But in May of this year I got a trainer who kicks my *kitten* and gives me my nutritional plan :)

Oh, and posing can be learned on YOUTUBE!!! I literally watched hundreds of videos. Copy and paste my link above to see my stage posing.

XOXO
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    um you are AH-MAZING!!! <3 *girl crush*
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    your transformation to stage is AH-mazing!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I also think that you'd be better suited to do figure than bikini. But what a great experience! Kudos!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow - how did you keep your boobs? Mine are deflating so fast I don't think I'll have any when I reach my target. :-(
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Wow - how did you keep your boobs? Mine are deflating so fast I don't think I'll have any when I reach my target. :-(

HAHA, I have implants. Have had them for 13 years now :bigsmile:
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh I see. I didn't think of that! Doh!

Hmmm something I might consider saving up for :-)

I love the results of all your hard work. You look so young and vibrant (I'm about the same age so you are a good role model for me)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    :noway: Wow!!! Amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've just read through your blog. you worked sooo hard!! and it certainly paid off :happy:
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've just read through your blog. you worked sooo hard!! and it certainly paid off :happy:
  • Pringlelingus
    Options
    Damn girl! So amazing! I hope to be in your shoes one day! I'm going to check out your video and blog! So inspiring!!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Ahhhhhh I see. I didn't think of that! Doh!

Hmmm something I might consider saving up for :-)

I love the results of all your hard work. You look so young and vibrant (I'm about the same age so you are a good role model for me)

Awe thanks! I feel YOUNG & VIBRANT!!! Age is just a number :wink:
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options

THANK you for taking the time to read it!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!