same food every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Variety is the spice of my life. I like trying new tastes and spices, so I do try to vary. Of course I have some 'staple' meals that return regulary, because I like them and they can be cooked without thinking too much.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I do "variations on a theme," I guess you could say -- I have two or three base meals for each meal period and I just rotate them throughout the week and/or change them in minor ways for a "new" recipe.

I do like to incorporate something totally new every week or two, just to have something different and roadtest contenders for my weekly rotation. That, combined with the mix-and-match nature of my daily base meals, seems to keep me satisfied on the variety front while still allowing me to hit my macros and calories each day without having to sweat about it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    During the week breakfast and lunch is generally the same - I eat breakfast at work and eggs on toast is easy, and lunch I pre-prepare on the weekend and freeze. Not just for "diet" reasons but because it is a money saver and we are saving a deposit for a house :) Hubby isn't trying to lose weight and doesn't need to, and he eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch weekdays too (coz I prepare it lol).

There's nothing wrong with having the same thing often if you enjoy it. I get creative with dinners and we bust out on weekends.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Dinner is always different. The rest is usually the same.