Not new (by a long shot) but back and looking for new friends

Options
AdamAthletic
AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
edited June 2022 in Introduce Yourself
So I've been using MFP since it started (pretty much), creating this account in 2016 after closing my original one.
I was very active in the community and a moderator for some time - though I have huge respect for each person who puts their time into making this a safe place to be, I found that it just wasn't great for my mental health and I decided to back away for a while.

Fast forwards almost 3 years and I'm back.

A little about me - I'm Adam (who woulda guessed right?). I've been into fitness pretty much my entire life, running long distance and taking part in athletics during my teen years and going into the Royal Marines for a time as an adult (U.K. Marines, not U.S.).

After having two children and a difficult break up when I was in my early 20's I gained weight and ended up at around 17 Stone, the heaviest I've ever been. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I devoted much of my time thereafter to getting and stating fit and lean.

I gave myself something of an eating disorder along the way and spent a few years recovering and finding healthier ways to stay in good shape, I decided to stay away from MFP whilst I was going through these times as I didn't want to be a negative influence on those that I grew to care about and encourage.

Now that I'm back, many of my friends have left or just aren't active on here anymore and it feels a bit of a quiet place to be. It would be really cool to make some more friends - I'm from London and would be nice to find some more U.K, folks but anywhere is good!

Anyway, looking forwards to supporting and getting support along our journeys.

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can add me if you want, support is always good.