update

Options
econdrias
econdrias Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Well hell... the usual update that makes the app a more useless and unfriendly app than it use to be.... supposedly an "improvement"...... maybe, but damn sure not for users.....

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Having seen many updates to MFP, both app and website over the years. The current update is a 'change' but other than my phone not seeming to like it very much (it's a little slow, even on my Iphone 12 pro), I think the updates they've made are for the better.

Maybe you can specify what you mean a little more? What's bugging you about it?
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    For one thing I can’t post photos using the app. I have to login using a browser in order to post a photo
  • twitchymcgee
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Having seen many updates to MFP, both app and website over the years. The current update is a 'change' but other than my phone not seeming to like it very much (it's a little slow, even on my Iphone 12 pro), I think the updates they've made are for the better.

Are you modding again?

I apologize if I’m misremembering but I thought you used to
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Are you modding again?

I was a moderator for a number of years, you remember correctly.
    I’m not modding now no, too much happened in life and had to prioritise.
    Just a regular member here now :)

I haven’t tried posting photos recently but I’ll have a try at some point soon.

I’d imagine that they’re still ironing out any issues such as that but, I do personally think that the information is given in a much cleaner way now.

It’s definitely important for the devs to get feedback I’m sure but, always worth being a little more specific, can’t say I’ve done much exploring of the full app since the update so, the only issue I’m experiencing is its very slow for me at the dashboard.

Hope you’re doing well :)
  • twitchymcgee
    edited June 2022
    Options

Are you modding again?

I was a moderator for a number of years, you remember correctly.
    I’m not modding now no, too much happened in life and had to prioritise.
    Just a regular member here now :)

I haven’t tried posting photos recently but I’ll have a try at some point soon.

I’d imagine that they’re still ironing out any issues such as that but, I do personally think that the information is given in a much cleaner way now.

It’s definitely important for the devs to get feedback I’m sure but, always worth being a little more specific, can’t say I’ve done much exploring of the full app since the update so, the only issue I’m experiencing is its very slow for me at the dashboard.

Hope you’re doing well :)

Agree to disagree. I think you’re giving folks more credit than they’ve earned. This place has fallen apart over the years and works worse & worse. I don’t even log here anymore. I use lose it for calorie counting, which has far fewer bugs.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    The app has never worked right for me except for being able to read posts so I stick with the desktop version in chrome on my various tablets and phone and no problems!

(That didn't help, did it? 😁)
  • lhwitmer
    lhwitmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost “Progress”! I miss my graph and historical data from weigh ins.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,375 Member
    Options
    lhwitmer wrote: »
    I lost “Progress”! I miss my graph and historical data from weigh ins.

Have you scrolled down the dashboard? You'll see a weight graph, which you can tap on to customize the period and underneath are all the previous weigh-ins.
  • NoPressure82
    NoPressure82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feels like with this update a lot of features that were free are not any longer. I used to not track my workout into my calories and now I can’t turn it off because it is a premium feature. For an update that was supposed to be less clicks to record food that is definitely not the case. Hate the update and it is very rare that I don’t like an update or can’t get used to it. This one is not working for me. Might start looking for a new app to track food