Still skinny at 195

Options
I’m 6 ft 195. Not skinny fat at all. But still look 160. Anyone else like that out there? Starting weight 150. Not much fat gain.

Replies

• I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Picture?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Frnnd097 wrote: »
    I’m 6 ft 195. Not skinny fat at all. But still look 160. Anyone else like that out there? Starting weight 150. Not much fat gain.
    Are you lifting weights and if so what type of program ?
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am like that i am 187 and still kinda skinny.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    As a man 6 feet and 195, but little body fat, I'm assuming you must be fairly muscular? That's a good thing.

I'm also wondering about the term "skinny", and what you mean. For one thing, almost everyone here who's had a major change in body shape/composition seems to take a surprisingly long time for their internalized body image to catch up with the changes in their external appearance. Might that be part of the situation for you, when you say you still look 160?

You probably know this: If you actually want or need to add body fat, or want to add muscle at the best possible rate, then eating in a small calorie surplus is part of the right path. Add overall good nutrition (especially but not exclusively adequate protein) and a good progressive strength training program (faithfully performed), and you've got a winning formula. It always takes patience, though - something I'm sure you've had to practice while going from 150 to 195 without much fat gain.

Best wishes!
  • Dokus013
    Dokus013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heavy bones maybe 🤔
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OP joined June 12, 2022. Made one post. Was last active June 13, 2022.