Do you have a hobby that not many/if any of your friends know about you

Options
AdamAthletic
AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
As the title says..

Let’s see if there’s some interesting ones…

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    Options
    For me, I had quite a successful YouTube channel and podcast until I shut it down 2 years ago, I don’t think any of my current IRL friends know. Never really think to talk about it.

That and competitive eating. Though, that may change when I get back into it this year!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    None of my friends or coworkers knew I was writing a book until it got published. Now they keep hounding me to finish writing the sequel.
  • AdamAthletic
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    None of my friends or coworkers knew I was writing a book until it got published. Now they keep hounding me to finish writing the sequel.

That's pretty awesome - I'd imagine that keeping it private helped in keeping the pressure off to complete it and made a nice surprise for them when you released it.
    Nicely done and great achievement!
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I study geysers and seismology. Thar she blows.....
    I've been monitoring earthquakes/seismographs since I was a kid and I used to change the seismograph paper in YNP as one of my after-school-jobs. I keep my ear to the ground. No daytime or nighttime TV, we didn't have any reception or wifi or phone or grocery stores or multi-crap of any kind. :D No couch potatoes allowed.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Not a hobby really. I made a promise to myself that I will learn BSL in honour of my BIL who recently passed away.
    I’m learning by myself at a snails pace online. No deadline. Just something I want to do.🤷‍♀️🙂
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Most people know me as the "bicycle guy" but not many people know that I'm actually pretty adept at bass guitar and played it all through high-school, aside from those in my hometown and from school. Weird thing, I met another bicycle courier with blonde hair who also plays bass....doppelganger moment.