Pain in arm after lifting?

Options
My husband and I joined a gym on Tuesday. The first weightlifting we done was a cable machine for arm curls. I had problems with them. I think I done to much weight to fast. Anyways I was fine that day but the next morning I am having terrible pain my left arm. It is on the bend I can barely straighten it and I have a lot of pain. If I press around on the outside of the bend up a little i can feel a spot that is sore to the touch.

Did I pull a muscle? A tendon? What should I do? Today we went back and I took a couple of ibuprofen before going in and I made sure to skip that machine and to not fully extend my arm and I was fine. It felt pretty good. Now that time has passed it hurts as bad as before.

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Proper form is key, rest the arm. Don't want to risk further injury. Give it several days and then light weights, if it continues to be sore you might go to a dr. It could be a sprain, tear, pull, bruise, spasm, and etc. Sounds like you pulled it a bit. Most likely from too fast and too much weight. I doubt many of us on here are Dr's though or can give medical advice like that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    in all likelihood rest is what you need to do. see what happens after a few days and if still worried go see a doctor. i'm betting that won't be needed because the human body is relatively durable.

out of curiousity, how many sets and reps of these cable curls did you do? and with how much weight?
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    in all likelihood rest is what you need to do. see what happens after a few days and if still worried go see a doctor. i'm betting that won't be needed because the human body is relatively durable.

out of curiousity, how many sets and reps of these cable curls did you do? and with how much weight?

I only did 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs weight. Not much at all. I am a noob at lifting weight. Use to sitting on my butt all the time. My husband said I was pushing my wrist out weird so I was probably had terrible form.