New Diet - Moodswings

Options
So since I started this (a week ago), I'll be damned if my lack of m&ms and candybars and snacks don't give me the worst crabbyness on the planet.

How do you curb it? What else can I eat to get a little bit of a sugar fix? I'm having enough trouble meeting my calorie goals (although I am! and I 'm losing pounds with it!), so I don't want to indulge in anything and ruin what I've been working on.

I almost bit my husband's head off for no reason.

After standing in line at the grocery store looking at the goodies, it dawned on me that I haven't had a snack in a week, and that's probably why.

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I eat popsicles....40 cals and I don't feel guilty.
  • ConnorMangold
    Options
    Quaker Rice Cakes - Chocolate Crunch (60 calories each). They also have Apple Cinnamon and Caramel (50 calories each) which are pretty good too.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack on yogurt coated nuts and raisins which taste a bit like white chocolate or jaffa cakes or Nairn Oatcake -ginger stem biscuits. It usually curbs my cravings. :love:

Also if you're having mood swings, try taking Primrose Oil capsules 1000mg? I take them because I'm on a contraceptive, and my doctor recommended I take it because my mood swings were so bad. So now, my moods have calmed down after taking Primrose Oil daily. It doesn't work overnight though. You have to keep taking it for about a month for it to start kicking in. (I now don't have impulsive bursts of emotions and my other half's head is still in tact!) :tongue:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Nabisco 100 calorie dipped delight bars. My favorite is the nutter butter, but they're all good.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My gym has this Nutty Chocoholic Protein shake that tastes like a reeses and definitely gets rid of my craving for chocolate candy. There are fudgesicles (sp?) that are non fat. I'm sure Trader Joe's has something that could help curb your cravings for fattening candy, but still satisfy your calories, fat, etc. Low fat chocolate milk could also help curb uir chocolate cravings.
  • κόσμος
    Options
    Breyers makes a low fat yogurt that comes with either oreos or m&m's I feel like I'm being so bad with them but they keep me full for a while. (m&ms one is 190 and oreos is 180)