NEW MEMBER ALERT!!!

Options
Perfectly_imperfectme88
Perfectly_imperfectme88 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2022 in Getting Started
My name is Allie. I am 34 years old. My starting weight was 310lbs. I so far have lost 25lbs. Looking forward to losing more weight. Add me as a friends so we can support each other

Replies

• lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can do this, glad you have started on the healthy train. One step at a time, you got this, if you trip just get right back to it. Then you will thank yourself and say I CAN and I WILL...:)

Try the new app I found called YUKA, you scan a food item and it will give you the positive and negative of that item. Really neat, even though FP will scan as well.
  • gladius173
    gladius173 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its not sexy :) but they said journaling will work. Keeps you mindful of what we consume.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, Allie! You're off to a GREAT start! If you want to join a thread of 200+ ladies supporting each other, https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865869/women-200lb-lets-make-june-joyous <--this is the June thread.
  • imruss
    imruss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Log things BEFORE you eat! I can't tell you how many times I've decided against something that way instead of a fully tummy and regret. 42 lbs. 130 days....never missed a day of logging so far. Good luck.
  • p12dixon
    p12dixon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job Allie!
  • Aubgurl81
    Aubgurl81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m back in my weight lost journey as well! Like imruss said, track before you eat. I work 12 hour shifts at the hospital so I normally pack my meals the night before my shift so I don’t have to do it trying to run out the door. That’s when I track. I’ll track for the next day because I already have planned out what I’m going to eat. Then you can just sit and eat. You don’t hVe to worry about forgetting something or not tracking anything.
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! <3 25 lbs is great! Keep up the good work!
  • Born2Run1958
    Born2Run1958 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Your are off to a great start.