Self sabotage

Options
andysport1
andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
What have I done?
Back on alcohol (think I'm addicted)
Huge weight gain, 46lb
I think 7 months of eating crap.
For 3 weeks I've been trying to stop the bad food and drink, I just can't stop and I don't understand why.
Ive travelled a lot this 7 months, I have 30 days of travel left.

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Have you considered mental health supports?
  • guzismom
    guzismom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor about your alcohol consumption/abuse concerns. It is very difficult to overcome those without professional support. Not sure where you are; but groups like AA can be very helpful.
  • goragon
    goragon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat, weight gain due to alcohol, I drink around 1.5 bottles of sprites each week. (JD, Brandy and Rum).

When I drink I snack and forget to log stuff.

I’ve stopped drinking last Saturday and it’s not been that bad so fare, the big test will be today as I’m feeling a little fed up as my weight didn’t move.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In the same boat but determined so day 1 completed, I think it's a slow journey. Good luck.
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    goragon wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat, weight gain due to alcohol, I drink around 1.5 bottles of sprites each week. (JD, Brandy and Rum).

I’ve stopped drinking last Saturday and it’s not been that bad so fare, the big test will be today as I’m feeling a little fed up as my weight didn’t move.
    Don’t give up, I’m 3 weeks off the booze, down 7 lbs now. The first week it didn’t drop much (unlike other times I’ve quit) but dropped steadily since then.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    goragon wrote: »

Don’t give up, I’m 3 weeks off the booze, down 7 lbs now. The first week it didn’t drop much (unlike other times I’ve quit) but dropped steadily since then.

Hope you stayed strong, its a long journey,