*Body Fat photo eval* Styku says 30.7%!!!! Beyond bummed!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I don't think anyone said it yet, but . . .

Dem shoulders, tho!

:p
    :)

(I'm an old granny, I think it's still okay for me to say something like that, right? I'm not very woke. Credit to nay0meh for that hard work, that's all I'm saying. Can't believe I'm explaining myself here...)
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Those pictures with body fat percentages like the one azuki84 posted are also nonsense. The top images are taken away from the camera, that 27-29% is right up close (so there's a bit of an optical illusion)...the body 'types' are different...for instance the 21-23 is obviously more of a pear-shaped woman and you can't really tell anything about the general body shapes of the last two.

I think the OP looks great. I don't see how she needs to lose any around her hips or thighs. It's just a genetic body type. @nay0meh - you look great.

One of the problems with weight is that it is measurable by numbers: calories, tape measures, scales, dexa, etc. (not STYKU) so it's human nature to try to get the "perfect" score. We all want to be "A" students.

Relax a bit. Enjoy your healthy beautiful body that isn't straight up and down like a 12 year old's. When I was a young woman I had a period of time where I was mortified at my (OMG) hips, thicker thighs, and rounded belly. It's not the same as a 12 YO, it isn't supposed to be. :)

Obviously. Read what i typed.Its general context. Dont overthink it lol
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    azuki84 wrote: »
    Those pictures with body fat percentages like the one azuki84 posted are also nonsense. The top images are taken away from the camera, that 27-29% is right up close (so there's a bit of an optical illusion)...the body 'types' are different...for instance the 21-23 is obviously more of a pear-shaped woman and you can't really tell anything about the general body shapes of the last two.

I think the OP looks great. I don't see how she needs to lose any around her hips or thighs. It's just a genetic body type. @nay0meh - you look great.

One of the problems with weight is that it is measurable by numbers: calories, tape measures, scales, dexa, etc. (not STYKU) so it's human nature to try to get the "perfect" score. We all want to be "A" students.

Relax a bit. Enjoy your healthy beautiful body that isn't straight up and down like a 12 year old's. When I was a young woman I had a period of time where I was mortified at my (OMG) hips, thicker thighs, and rounded belly. It's not the same as a 12 YO, it isn't supposed to be. :)

Obviously. Read what i typed.Its general context. Dont overthink it lol

I don't think cmriverside was trying to attack you or your post, I think they were just trying to point out to the op that even fat percentage comparison pics are inaccurate when it comes to trying to estimate body fat, so there's really no completely accurate way to estimate it, so it's not really worth obsessing over to the extent that the op is.
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    nay0meh wrote: »
    @88AViva Thank you for sharing! What are your goals now? Happy to help if I can.

My current goals are just to get back to feeling stronger and happier. Lose the 10kgs I gained the past two years.
    And back to loving exercise daily without having to force myself.
    Just to build the right habits food and exercise wise. Make it a lifestyle so maintenance won't be a struggle 🙂
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    88AViva wrote: »
    nay0meh wrote: »
    @88AViva Thank you for sharing! What are your goals now? Happy to help if I can.

My current goals are just to get back to feeling stronger and happier. Lose the 10kgs I gained the past two years.
    And back to loving exercise daily without having to force myself.
    Just to build the right habits food and exercise wise. Make it a lifestyle so maintenance won't be a struggle 🙂

Those are awesome goals! The next step is figuring out what smaller steps you can take to get there.... add another serving of vegetables each day? Go for a 30 minute walk/hike? Find some people who do something like pickleball? Every little thing adds up. And of you look at it in terms of small changes like that, it's generally less overwhelming.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,640 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone said it yet, but . . .

Dem shoulders, tho!

:p
    :)

(I'm an old granny, I think it's still okay for me to say something like that, right? I'm not very woke. Credit to nay0meh for that hard work, that's all I'm saying. Can't believe I'm explaining myself here...)

Lolol. I feel like I should be in permanent apology mode to some of the other female users here, particularly @JBanx256 and @KickassAmazon76, amongst others, but yes, it’s nice to appreciate other ladies now that I have at least an inkling of the effort they’re putting in.

OP you’re killing it. Give yourself credit for what you’ve accomplished.

And did someone really take @cmriverside ’s comment as body shaming? 😶
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @springlering62

• nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    <3@springlering62 and @cmriverside Thank you!!! It’s the dang truth once I started on my weightlifting journey myself I had NO idea the amount of work that goes into or did I even pay attention something like shoulders!!! Thank you for admiring mine! They’re my favorite body part to crush!
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @88AViva wonderful goals!! As @sollyn23l2 stated, every little bit adds up and make tiny incremental changes and build on each other! If you haven’t read it yet, try Atomic Habits by James Clear!