Hello, can someone recommend a target weight?

Options
I am 5'3, 143lbs. I am aiming for 110lbs I think? I'd like to be a size 8UK :P I'd really want to lose 30lbs in 4-5 months.

I am just wondering about the logistics of my goal weight - I don't have a slim build I don't think and my mum says she never managed to lose beyond 120lbs.

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've always heard its best to lose the weight slowly over time, no more than 2 lbs per week. I've had success losing weight at 1-2 lbs per week up to 30 lbs by just reducing my caloric intake by 20% and hitting the gym 3 times a week (weights and cardio). I think for starters losing 10% of your starting weight would be a good start. See how you look then and then take it from there. That's about 15 lbs or so. That's less daunting of a task than losing 30 lbs as well.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There are websites with calculators to help you figure out your ideal weight (I.e. http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html). I don't really know how accurate they are, though, and honestly I think your goal weight will change as you get slimmer and see what your frame actually looks like. What I do instead is set small 5-10lb increment goals and focus on those instead of being daunted by the one big final goal weight.
  • stephbufe
    stephbufe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and weight. I'm aiming from 120. Fingers crossed we both reach our goal.
  • sandboxshelly
    sandboxshelly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I am shooting for 115. I was up to 134 and I've lost 12 lbs so far since May. I think somewhere in the 115 range should be good as 110 may be way too thin.