Hey! New here, but not new to weight loss

Options
I've already lost 40 lbs with a different app. But MFP has a way bigger database. Every time I looked up a food to add to the other app, it was like "add to my fitness pal?" so I was all, "I guess I should just get My Fitness Pal and be done with it." And here I am.

I have Hashimoto's, Fibromyalgia, and a few other roadblocks to weight loss. I'm post-menopausal, so that's not helping either. But I'm working on it slowly but surely. Exercise is my main stumbling block. I rarely have energy for it.

Anyway, here I am. I'm hip to anyone who wants to be friends, especially if they have the same stumbling blocks I do. Invisible illnesses are the worst. Ta!

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Just remember that MFP’s giant data base is almost entirely user-entered, so be sure and verify every entry the first time you use it.
  • CrunchityFrog
    CrunchityFrog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Just remember that MFP’s giant data base is almost entirely user-entered, so be sure and verify every entry the first time you use it.

Yeah, I found that out whenever I was manually entering food for the other app. Sometimes I'd get, like, three different calorie counts for the same food. Ha!