App is slow after update

Options
markwmcgraw
markwmcgraw Posts: 3 Member
Hey long time my fitness pal user here. Almost 2000 straight days of logging. The new app update is very slow and lagging for me. I have the latest iPhone 13 and scrolling is very very slow. Also the weight update button is nowhere easily accessible.

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 742 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We are aware some of our users may be experiencing an issue with the new dashboard having less than smooth scrolling vertically on some devices. Our team is investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

We will do our best to have it corrected in an upcoming update to the iOS app.  If need be, please remember our program can also be accessed via our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com (simply sign in with the same username and password as the app).

Answers

• Mel36
    Mel36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! Longtime user, and the new app update/dashboard is seriously lagging despite having the most recent iOS on my iPhone. Makes it annoying and cumbersome to just do a simple weight update.
  • Robie_Gardner
    Robie_Gardner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The VERY VERY VERY slow, annoying, cumbersome update is also destroying use of the site on Android phones as well. Cannot enter daily weight and frustrating difficulty entering food consumed. Myfitnesspal has become My USELESS pal.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 742 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Robie_Gardner We are very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing on the Android app. If they persist, please write into our Support Team directly for further help at https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.
  • matteus74
    matteus74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Since June, the dashboard has been so sluggish, it takes me several seconds just to scroll down to log my weight—and that's on my iPhone 13 Pro! Also, I used to like seeing my weight in context with the logs from the last few weeks right after logging my weight. Now it takes me back to the dashboard where I have far less daily data to compare it with. With the announcement that I'll no longer to able to scan barcodes soon without going premium, all this combined feels like I'm being pushed to pay for an inferior user experience. I'm happy to upgrade, as MFP has served me well over the years, but paying for a laggy app makes me less enthusiastic. Can we at least get smooth, responsive scrolling on my flagship iPhone? Thanks!
  • swhousman
    swhousman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a long time user of this app - tracking daily since 2019. But the recent update and new dashboard has resulted in incredibly slow response time or the app just freezes. I’m becoming disinclined to use the app any more. Entering weight or daily food shouldn’t take as much time as it does. I liked the prior version so much better - simpler, more straightforward. The new version seems to have so many bells and whistles that the load time for the graphics and ads (why??!) bring down the app’s performance.
  • slimps
    slimps Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too, have been very disappointed after the app update (iOS platform). My 2,513 day logging streak obviously shows I’m a long time user, but I have never had this poor of an experience with the app until after this recent update. It is EXTREMELY SLOW in virtually every action, & there are times when I literally wait minutes before it “unfreezes” & “catches up” to my input (swipes, taps, typing, etc.) when I can finally use it again. Often I have to just give up, close the app, & relaunch it in order for it to work. I wonder if this is specific to the free version because of some process running in the background related to the advertising, but I doubt it. This certainly doesn’t encourage me to upgrade to the premium version.
  • markosg
    markosg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's been months now. The "updated" dashboard is very slow. Getting to the diary view is also lagging. Entering a new weight measurement kicks you back to the dashboard for some reason (yet more delay) and then have to go back in to enter the body fat value. I'm using the app less in favour of the site.
  • markosg
    markosg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    slimps wrote: »
    I wonder if this is specific to the free version because of some process running in the background related to the advertising, but I doubt it. This certainly doesn’t encourage me to upgrade to the premium version.

Premium member here, having the same issues.
  • katieevp
    katieevp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2500 days of logging and Pro user, and lately I’ve been considering using a different app. It seems to get slower every day.
    Takes forever to scroll, search, and tap buttons for them to even work. Extremely frustrating.
  • Ll0ydD0bler
    Ll0ydD0bler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had problems from the second I installed it, it wouldn't sync and would freeze if I tried to add a food to my log. I did a "force stop" in my settings and re-opened the app and it appears to have fixed it for now. Android user. We'll see if it sticks.
  • dleezy94
    dleezy94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am still experiencing this issue and creating a ticket was no help at all. It's tough to record your iPhone screen and show how slow it is when you can't record "Clicks/Taps" on the iPhone.
  • mrearlcrain
    mrearlcrain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The latency between screens, cards, whatever it may be is absurd
  • uhhhmmmm
    uhhhmmmm Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s been more than a year and it still takes 12 seconds from starting the app to entering food. That’s pretty bad. I can’t think of any other app or website that’s that slow. I thought that by becoming premium maybe they wouldn’t force that silly dashboard on me, but nope. Still have to wait Every. Single. Time. I. Want. To. Add. Some. Thing. Or. Edit. A. Meal. It’s infuriating. Don’t really have the spare time, but might just make my own app since it seems like this will never get fixed.
  • 5ykqkm426w
    5ykqkm426w Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, slow even on 15 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.