Garmin Connect Indoor Cycling not linking to MFP Stationary bike

Options
ewoud67
ewoud67 Posts: 1 Member
Garmin connect syncing does not link to the correct MFP category. It currently connects to 'cycling' and it should connect to 'stationary bike'. Is this an issue from garmin or MFP? How do I fix it?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    I systematically see the wrong speed for my runs on MFP. I think it's just a matter of MFP and Garmin not using the same categorization. Not much you can do about it, and I don't think it really matters, the calories are the numbers provided by Garmin anyway, even if the category is wrong.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 767 MFP Staff
    Options
    As @Lietchi already mentioned, since our partners use a different database for exercise and food items than we do, when these items transfer between programs, they may not always be exact.

When a single exercise transfers from a partner to MyFitnessPal it will find the closest match in our system and list that exercise as being performed. Though the name of the exercise may be different, the duration and calories burned should be the same on both programs. If not, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can take a closer look. To do this, you can visit: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.
This discussion has been closed.