Fanny pack/Runner's belt

Options
I am in the market for something to hold my key fob and phone when walking. I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its a large phone.

I used to stuff everything in my sports bra until I had water damage such that my phone would not charge. :( Fortunatley, I bought the phone from Amazon and within the last 30 days so I have a new phone at no charge but I dont want to do this again. I dont want to stuff my phone in a zip lock bag and then put it in my bra. And not all of my shorts have pockets.

I have seen belts from Nathans and SPI but I cant tell if my S4 will fit.

Do any of you guys have advice for what will work?

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Yes. Leave your phone at home or in the car while you work out. Or, if you use it to track your workout, get an arm band for it.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't have an S4 but just wanted to let you know that the iFitness belts don't fit the iPhone 5 so I doubt it would fit your phone also :(

I am running my first half on Sunday and plan on using the iFitness belt for gels/chapstick/stuff like that and using an armband for my phone
  • knitchals
    Options
    My Nathan 2 water bottle pack holds my iphone 5. A Spibelt would also totally work. They expand to hold all kinds of stuff and don't bounce when you walk. I use it on race days when I am not carrying water. I have fit an iphone, 5 gels, car key in it and no problems
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have the Nathan Sports Trail Hydration Pack w/ Two Flasks and that could easily hold a cell phone and keys. Its a fully adjustable belt so once its tight enough, it doesn't move even during trail runs
  • KatiePearson14
    KatiePearson14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a running belt that fits my iPhone and car key, but I do know that the Galaxy is a bit bigger than that. Maybe look into getting an arm band for your phone? That way you can carry your phone and key and could listen to music if you wanted to!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I live and walk alone and for me it is important to have a place where I can put my phone, keys, a few coins and the doggy bags, since I walk with my dog. I use what we call a " kanguroo " ( fanny pack) and it works just fine. I like it, because it does not bounce around and is easy to wear. They come in all sizes and materials and are not very expensive.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't have an S4 but just wanted to let you know that the iFitness belts don't fit the iPhone 5 so I doubt it would fit your phone also :(

I am running my first half on Sunday and plan on using the iFitness belt for gels/chapstick/stuff like that and using an armband for my phone

Weird, I have an iFitness belt that I made sure my phone fit into (Samsung rugby...bigger than my sisters' iPhones) just so my boyfriend would stop hounding me about carrying it while I run (though I still don't). I like my iFitness belt, though it did give me a raw spot during my half-marathon two weeks ago, but that was probably more my fault for placement than the belt itself.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Weird, I have an iFitness belt that I made sure my phone fit into (Samsung rugby...bigger than my sisters' iPhones) just so my boyfriend would stop hounding me about carrying it while I run (though I still don't). I like my iFitness belt, though it did give me a raw spot during my half-marathon two weeks ago, but that was probably more my fault for placement than the belt itself.

I will try it again tonight, but I think the pocket on mine is smaller than usual or something because the length of the iPhone 5 doesn't fit in mine.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you amazon galaxy s4 exercise belt there are a bajillion to choose from with all the pretty colors of the rainbow.
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes. Buy an Otter Box that comes with a clip on that you can clip to your waist band (front, back, or side). I always get an Otter Box, no matter what phone I have. I just helped a friend pick out one for her Samsung. They have them at Best Buy, Amazon, Office Depot, almost any electronics or electronics supply store.:smile:
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I ended up with the SPIbelt. http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt

The Galaxy S4 in the Otterbox case fits fine with my fob. $20 from Big 5 (with a 10% off coupon) and I even got to test it to make sure everything fit before I bought it.

First test will be Monday on my 5 mile walk over the Vincent Thomas bridge.

Thanks for the suggestion!!