Settings off?

Options
autotech44
autotech44 Posts: 14 Member
If I go to settings and change from 1lb a week to 1.5lbs there's no change in calorie or exercise goals. Same thing going from Sedentary to Lightly Active in Daily activities. Even if I change both there's still no change. Why have the choices if they don't do anything?

Best Answer

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,291 Member
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I haven't gone through setup in a long time (at least not on desktop) but when MFP asks you about your exercise goals, what you fill in doesn't actually change your calorie goal, since MFP intend you to log exercise in your diary when you do it and only then do you get extra calories added to your calorie goal for that day.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Options
    Is that number that doesn't change 1200 calories (if you're a woman) or 1500 (if you're a man)? Those are the lowest numbers MFP will give anyone, to ensure adequate nutrition, and probably means you're selecting a weight loss rate that is too aggressive.
  • autotech44
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I'm a man and my goal stays at 1500 calories. That makes sense if that's the minimum. It was weird with changing from Sedentary to Lightly Active in Daily activities where it should raise calories. It won't change if I'm set at 1.5lbs a week, but works a 1lb per week.
  • Lietchi
    edited June 2022
    Options
    If being lightly active combined with the selected weight loss rate still gives you a theoretical calorie goal below 1500, then it's normal to see no change.
    Just try putting the settings at maintenance first and you should see a different number.

(PS I don't know what you mean when you say your exercise goal doesn't change, MFP doesn't give you exercise goals? Or is that part of a premium program I'm not aware of?)
  • autotech44
    Options
    When you make a change the next page shows Nutritional Goals and Fitness Goals.
This discussion has been closed.