A little snack tip for all!

Options
Well, I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I have found a perfect snack choice!!

FROZEN BANANAS!!!!

You may have already tried this, but those of you that havent:

Slice some bananas into a bowl, freeze and ENJOY!!!

My little sister came home and asked my mum for some frozen banana, she had no idea what she was talking about. Once all was explained she tried it and it was delicious.

Its good, because it melts in the mouth, so for those of you that like to enjoy a piece of chocolate and let it melt, this could be the perfect replacement.

If your feeling naughty (and I guess I shouldnt suggest this on here lol) stick a lolly stick into a banana, dip in melted chocolate, cover with sprinkles or nuts, freeze and enjoy!

For those being good...its a lush 100 calorie snack.

Hope this helps some of you :)

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing about this a lot lately, on forums and in magazines... I always thought maybe it would end up too hard to chew or something. I'm going to give a shot though, I just bought a bunch of bananas today :)
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    What a great idea! Another yummy treat is frozen grapes. They get sweeter in the freezer.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    If you take the frozen banana and mix it up in a food processor you get ice cream!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/stepbystep-instructions-for-oneingredient-ice-cream-097170
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Sounds Yummy, I'm going to buy some bananas and try it. Thanks for posting!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze bananas anyway and save them for smoothies. Never thought to just eat them frozen. Thanks for the tip.

Also- I agree ---frozen grapes (especially the red grapes) are so yummy! And do taste sweeter frozen.
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm going to try that ice-cream thing - I just happen to have some bananas!
  • Ashli333
    Ashli333 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you take the frozen banana and mix it up in a food processor you get ice cream!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/stepbystep-instructions-for-oneingredient-ice-cream-097170

That is amazing!!! Definitely going to try that!!!!
    Thanks
  • bookmom
    bookmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I love them too. I like to dip them in sugar-free chocolate syrup or blend them with a cup of light chocolate soy milk. Very satisfying when you need chocolate. I don't waste as many bananas as I used to--now when they are really ripe I peel them and stash them in the freezer.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Thanks for that awesome idea Ashli333. . .I am definitely going to try that!!! I have tried the frozen grapes before and really like them too!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling super decadent, drain a can of crushed pineapple really well, spread the fruit in a thin layer and freeze that as well, then put it and frozen banana slices in the food processor (with a tiny bit of pineapple juice) to get a really great frozen dessert. My kids are nutty about this (and I feel pretty good about making it for them.)