Newbie...weight loss tips

Options
Hi everybody. I am 48yo looking for motivators to keep me on track for my weight loss goals. New to this site and so far loving it!! Hoping to be 14kgs lighter by November 30th.

Replies

• mazoheist
    Options
    Hiya! One of the biggest weight loss things that worked for me was cutting out carbohydrate-ridden food (e.g. wheat products) and substituting it with fruits (just so there's no real energy deficiency). This clearly isn't applicable to all, but any reduction in carbs (especially if you aren't active enough to burn it all off each day) should greatly help fat loss. Also, even simper than this, no high fat/high sugar foods! Basically take your favourite fast food, tell yourself if you eat healthy all week, then you can treat yourself to a nice, unhealthy anything. Just set challenges for yourself that require discipline and restraint and you should be on the right track!
  • kennedywalker
    kennedywalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place. Lot of people here who have done it. I will tell you that 14kg by November 30 may be a bit aggressive. That's a bit more than 1kg a week. Of course it depends on your size, how hard you work and other factors. But if you want someone to help motivate you and help you along, feel free to send me a friend request. I was just mentioning to my one Aussie friend today it would be nice to get more from Australia.

But best of luck in your journey and in getting into those size 12s.
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ^^ this exactly ^^

Good luck lovely! :)