Recipe imports

Options
jaksnell75
jaksnell75 Posts: 1 Member
I belong to a diabetes group who offer amazing recipes that list all macros. Other than manually entering these recipes into MyFitnessPal has anyone found a way to import from other sites. I’ve tried via the recipe section of the app but can’t work it out. Thanks

Replies

• debojmw
    debojmw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish someone would answer this question! I was served a delicious cake at a family members home and tried using the import feature simply so I can enter it honestly into my diary. It did try but because the wording of each ingredient isn't listed exactly as the program dictates it kicked out a bunch for me to verify, which also seems to be a complicated process. How am I supposed to figure out how to record this item in my diary? It's not like I will ever make it but I cannot begin to guess the macros of a generous slice of Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake!
  • Ceri_Edwards
    Ceri_Edwards Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey guys have you tried the whisk app and website
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Are you using the recipe feature on web MFP, or on the phone/tablet app?

If it doesn't match the ingredients, or doesn't match them correctly, you can search the database to find a replacement. It's just not very obvious how to do it.

On the web, you have to hover the cursor at the upper right of the area where the ingredient appears. When you do that, there are options "Edit Quantity Replace Remove" and you can click on "Replace" to get a search box.

In the Android app (and I assume Apple is similar), you long press on the ingredient you want to change, which brings up a detail page for that ingredient, where there's a "REPLACE INGREDIENT" button at the bottom to do a similar thing. (If the ingredient was unmatched, long press takes you directly to a search page.)

I know this seems fussy and laborious at first, but after I went through it a few times, it came to seem pretty easy/automatic, only took brief minutes to capture a recipe from a web URL, or even to type one in by hand. YMMV.