Calorie counting crisis!

Options
Hi All,

Having a midweek calorie counting crisis!

I accidentally cremated 300g of pork, which now weighs 100g. My question is, do I log it as 300g (675cal) or 100g (225cal).

Thanks!

P.S it is still edible, just a little tough ๐Ÿ˜‚ waste not want not!
Tagged:

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Presuming the food database entry is for raw meat, log the entire 300gr ๐Ÿ™‚
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Cooking reduced water, not calories or food density ( unless there was ample fat extraction by specific process, however in general cooking its raw weight calories)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I accidentally cremated 300g of pork, which now weighs 100g. My question is, do I log it as 300g (675cal) or 100g (225cal).

Thanks!

If you pick a database entry that is for "raw" then use the 300g...if you pick an entry that is for cooked, use 100g.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks!

If you pick a database entry that is for "raw" then use the 300g...if you pick an entry that is for cooked, use 100g.

I'd pick a higher number for cooked, I'm guessing 'cremated' is going to have less moisture (be more calorie dense) than the average cooked piece of meat. But it's a bit of guesswork obviously.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've known to have kitchen accidents, but never managed that. I think. Just wanted to say thanks for the laughs. And what the other people said. Use raw. I don't think what you did reduced the actual calories. Unless you really burned the outer layer away.