Scan barcode to My Foods

Options
marmiev
marmiev Posts: 3 Member
When I scan a barcode, it goes directly to my daily diary. How do I get it to go to my foods? I'd like to get a good amount of my foods scanned in all at once. I have the premium features.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,320 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At this time we do not provide the ability to scan a food directly into your My Foods list.

For now, what you may want to try is scanning the item into your diary and then saving it as a meal. If you would like to just build your own list for future use, you can scan items, save them as a meal, and then delete them from your diary.

You can save one or several items as a meal. For example, if for breakfast, you have eggs, toast and coffee, you can add all these under breakfast and save it as a meal. The next time you have the same thing, you can add it to any place in your diary directly from your "meals" or "my meals (online)" list. If you like, you can save just one item as a meal.

Instructions for creating a remembered meal are here: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032272432-How-do-I-create-and-log-remembered-meals
This discussion has been closed.