Steps

Options
sugarbea
sugarbea Posts: 2 Member
My Fitness Pal showed 1629 steps but shows 0 calories. I disconnected and reconnected my Fit Bit and also resynced but It still shows 0 calories. How can this be corrected

Thanks

Betty

Best Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,176 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please accept our apologies for any confusion surrounding your adjustment. If you are seeing a step count and a 0 for the adjustment, then you have not yet earned an adjustment.

The adjustment is actually not based on your step count, but instead based on your entire activity for the day. The step count is there as an incentive and though it does contribute to part of your activity level, it's not the sole contributor.

Therefore x amount of steps does not mean you will receive x amount of extra calories.

The way the adjustment is derived is by comparing your total calories burned from your tracker against the total calories already provided by MyFitnessPal.

When you have earned more calories than MyFitnessPal has already provided, you will then see the difference as your adjustment.

** You can view a breakdown of this calculation by either tapping on the adjustment line in the app, or by clicking the "i" next to the adjustment line in the Cardiovascular section online at www.MyFitnessPal.com **

Please also note: the total calories from MyFitnessPal will include any calories instantly provided by adding separate exercises (outside of your partner adjustment) to MyFitnessPal, along with the calories needed to reach the goals you set when joining the program.

The following article may also help: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-

If you need further assistance, please contact our Customer Happiness team. Please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    sugarbea wrote: »
    My Fitness Pal showed 1629 steps but shows 0 calories. I disconnected and reconnected my Fit Bit and also resynced but It still shows 0 calories. How can this be corrected

Thanks

Betty

I wouldn't expect any adjustment for 1629 steps. These devices don't send over calories for specific exercises or steps, they send over a calorie adjustment when the device is indicating that your actual activity level per the device exceeds the activity level selected in MFP. There is a certain amount of movement built into your calorie target already depending on what activity level you set...even sedentary assumes around 3-5K steps in a day.
This discussion has been closed.