protein bar recipes wanted - no peanut butter, dates, apple sauce

Options
zebasschick
zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
i'm looking to replace quest bars in my diet, but i'm fine using protein powder (i use muscle feast) in the bars. i want the bars to be 200 calories or under, 20 grams of protein or a little over, 200 mg of salt or under.

i need no fruit (that means no banana, dates or apple sauce), no maple syrup or anything with sugars (i'm diabetic).

no large amounts of fats like peanut or other nut butters, except in smaller amounts. max of 8 grams of fat per bar.

under 10 grams of complex carbs per bar.

anyone have any recipes for me? when i check on google, everything is packed with peanut butter or sugar.

thanks!

Replies

• naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I think the thing you're going to struggle with is something to bind it with, without fruit or fats. I can't think of anything that fits that 🤔 you could try mashed sweet potato, but I'm guessing that's out for being starchy carb..?
  • zebasschick
    Options
    Hmm. I think the thing you're going to struggle with is something to bind it with, without fruit or fats. I can't think of anything that fits that 🤔 you could try mashed sweet potato, but I'm guessing that's out for being starchy carb..?

it would depend on the amount. 8 grams of fat is what actual quest bars have. i should study the labels more...
  • kliz1539
    kliz1539 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is Coach Greg Doucette's SKOR protein bars - he has a YouTube video showing ingredients and how to make so you don't have to buy his whole COOKBOOK
  • zebasschick
    Options
    kliz1539 wrote: »
    All I can think of is Coach Greg Doucette's SKOR protein bars - he has a YouTube video showing ingredients and how to make so you don't have to buy his whole COOKBOOK

thanks - i'll go check it out!