GOAL! 11 months, 91 pounds lost! BEFORE / AFTER PICTURES!!!

Options

Replies

• pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    Great job! You look excellent!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you lost weight and you look amazing. I just wonder how your body will react when you maintain. 1200 cals on your height is so little. I lost 100 pounds in 11 months and ate about 1600-1800 cals a day. I'm 5' 4 3/4". I mainly run.

You don't have to restrict your calories to this extreme but well done on setting a goal and achieving it!

Well, I have been maintaining on an average of about 1800-2000 per day over the last couple of months, and have still continued to lose. So, Maintaining is going well for me. i did need to restrict my calories to this extreme, maybe most dont, or some dont, but i did. I know me, I know how I work, I start really strong and motivated, last about a month, and im back to my old ways. i have an all or nothing mentality. I want instant gratification. I just have a personality that wants what it wants, when it wants it, or nothing at all. I needed to see a constant good amount of weight being lost. that is the way it needed to be for me, or else, id rather not do it at all. and i would rather eat a super strict amount of calories, just to have 1 day every other week to everything i wanted in any quantity. i dont want to go to a mexican restaurant and have 12 chips. i dont want to have 1 beer. i dont want to have 2 oreo cookies. i want 24 chips, 6 beers, and 5 oreos, or i dont want any at all... thats just the way i work. i failed so many times doing it the "normal" way... i succeeded on my first try, doing it "my" way!
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You are incredible and BEAUTIFUL too!!!!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    thanks everyone! i posted this a couple months ago, and since then, have been on maintenance. i have lost 5 more pounds since being on maintenance, so i am still trying to find that "perfect balance" for me. thank you all for all of your kind words, i really appreciate it! to answer a couple of the questions...

1) no specific diet, just made sure to stay at 1200 calories for 2 weeks, then every other saturday, i had what i wanted.

2) i did it in under 11 months. i lost 90 pounds in under 11 months by just following the calorie limits i set for myself, and spending between 1-2 hours at the gym, anywhere from 3-5 days a week at the gym. i did a mix of cardio and strength training.

3) i had every excuse in the book on why i didnt need to lose weight, i even convinced myself that being as tall as i am, that i was only 20 pounds over weight, however, when i finally decided to take control and make myself happy, i realized that i had 100 pounds to lose, and any excuse i make will just hinder and slow my progress...

again, thank you so much, and if i missed any questions, im so sorry...
  • caroljo6963
    caroljo6963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!!!!!
  • girlchris1006
    girlchris1006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fantastic job - great inspiration! Keep up the great work and then maintain!!
  • caroljo6963
    caroljo6963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    INCREDILE!!!! you are an amazing woman!!!!! so many responsibilities yet you find time(& Energy) to work on yourself!!! you are an inspiration!! way to go!!!!
  • Shateyn
    Shateyn Posts: 71
    Options
    You are SO damn gorgeous. Congrats!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Damn girl! That's incredible!!! Very very very veryyy inspirational; whenever I want to give up, I can look back at this now!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    Thanks again! You know, I noticed a lot of you said I looked younger, and the funny thing is, although I don't notice if I look younger or not (to me I still look the same age) I do find that MOST others must think I look younger... I have been treated very disrespectfully by the office staff at my two kids high school, with them thinking I am a student just standing around the office. I go in on Fridays with my daughter to meet with her teacher, and three times now, I have been talked too in a very snide and rude way, basically telling me if I don't have a pass to be in the office, I had better get back to class. One of the times, I was checking her in, and the lady at that desk responded to me, "Why are you in the office, she doesn't need you to hold her hand, go back to class..." All three times I have responded with the same amount of attitude, that I am a parent of two of their students... then the apologies come. Its a bit flattering I guess, but also disturbing a little bit that this is how they treat our kids...
  • donnat0511
    donnat0511 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. What an inspiring story. I have lost 28lb so far but I need to lose another 60lb. I am on 1200 calories a day and I exercise everyday. I have just started MFP they say that you should eat back your calories burned which I find hard sometimes because I walk my dog for at least 45 min a day and I go spinning twice a week and burn 500 calories. I am glad to know that someone has lost weight by not eating back their calories.
    Keep up the good work :smile:
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you lost weight and you look amazing. I just wonder how your body will react when you maintain. 1200 cals on your height is so little. I lost 100 pounds in 11 months and ate about 1600-1800 cals a day. I'm 5' 4 3/4". I mainly run.

You don't have to restrict your calories to this extreme but well done on setting a goal and achieving it!

Well, I have been maintaining on an average of about 1800-2000 per day over the last couple of months, and have still continued to lose. So, Maintaining is going well for me. i did need to restrict my calories to this extreme, maybe most dont, or some dont, but i did. I know me, I know how I work, I start really strong and motivated, last about a month, and im back to my old ways. i have an all or nothing mentality. I want instant gratification. I just have a personality that wants what it wants, when it wants it, or nothing at all. I needed to see a constant good amount of weight being lost. that is the way it needed to be for me, or else, id rather not do it at all. and i would rather eat a super strict amount of calories, just to have 1 day every other week to everything i wanted in any quantity. i dont want to go to a mexican restaurant and have 12 chips. i dont want to have 1 beer. i dont want to have 2 oreo cookies. i want 24 chips, 6 beers, and 5 oreos, or i dont want any at all... thats just the way i work. i failed so many times doing it the "normal" way... i succeeded on my first try, doing it "my" way!

That's fantastic to hear a new update from you! Sorry if I sounded off, it wasn't a go at how you did it but rather a question of how things are at maintenance. I agree that you have to find what works for you but I have to admit a little concern for 1200 at your height. I can only guess that your off days are really the key to your success. I have to admit, I would love to eat a whole row of soft batch cookies. They don't sell them in the UK which is a good thing, lol I don't deprive myself either, I just don't have off days. Nobody should have to give up what they enjoy and you found a great way to do that!
  • thkdiff
    thkdiff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful. I also checked out your facebook, looks awesome and thank you for so many tips, especially food ;0). So you lost an average of perhaps 2.5 lbs a week over 10-11 months, even with your every other saturday treat, which is hopeful . Was this strictly consistent? Or did you have other days that you consumed more caloriies? Would you see quicker weight loss with weights or cardio,or both? I know I did alot of strenght training at first, inches dropped but the weight not much. So now I'm more cardio and less strentgh training, and I'm losing weight consistently. I intend to do more ST when I reach goal weight perhaps. Just was wondering what kind of trend you noticed that helped.

Best of luck and happiness with your family. Sorry if these are duplicate questions..;0)
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    awesomness at its finest! congratulations!!1
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Damn Girl! Congrats, you look great, seem more happy and look more healthy. I hope to get there in 2014.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Supeb congrats..
  • JaneE1967
    JaneE1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You are inspirational, thank you for sharing.
  • spring423
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your journey...I like that you planned in free days, with a family it is important to celebrate and share. Best of luck!
  • forgettingourforgiveness
    Options
    This is the most inspiring success story I have ever seen because I am right now 5 foot 8 and am 230-235 pounds. Thank you so much for posting this. You seriously gave me hope
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!