I'm back again

Options
Brian from Pennsylvania, serious about dropping 50 lbs. Need motivation and willing to motivate others

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,861 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome Back! You got this.
  • DvineLvine
    DvineLvine Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hey Brian. I figure a good habit is one worth going back to--and this is it! Fifty pounds seems like a lot (I'm after a 40 pound weight loss, so I know) but if we break them down to smaller goals our goals are within reach. I've lost 13 pounds since starting MFP three years ago. Life gets in the way, I try something different, I come back. I am happy to not have gained much in all that time. Good habits.

I am trying to consolidate some of the tips from the other programs I tried. Have you tried other weight loss techniques? Here are a few that I like:

Noom suggests we think about caloric density: focusing on foods that are low in calories but high in nutrition. That means reaching for an apple (low calorie, high nutrition) instead of a cookie (high calorie, low nutrition). I find that helps me make better choices day in and day out.

Fastix taught me that cutting out eating at night helps me digest and metabolize my food intake for the day. It's kinder to your body and they put forward a lot of persuasive scientific arguments about how this helps stave off all kinds of diseases and maladies. I am into being kinder to myself.

And then alcohol. My doctor told me to observe myself and my behaviors around alcohol. This was incredibly helpful advice. I saw how susceptible I am to environmental triggers, how impulsive my habits were, how one drink led to another, how I craved carbs when I drank. So I have replaced relaxing with a glass of wine at night for a cup of herbal tea and a kombucha for a happy hour craft ale.

I think putting all these things together will really do the trick. I feel very motivated. Have you tried other programs? If so, have any of them taught you something useful? - Keren