Diabetes

Hi all any one using this to control your diabetes, I could do with some tips and tricks
Thanks
Fred

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,293 Member
    We don’t use it to control diabetes pet services, however, my husband was able to come off his diabetes meds after losing 30 pounds.

We simply count calories, and don’t have sweets often, keep very few in the house to avoid temptation.

We also limit carbs. If we have rice bulger or couscous for dinner, we have half sized portions and larger vegetables.

Dessert is almost always a low calorie homemade ice cream or Greek yogurt whipped with sugar free pudding mix. We take liberal advantage of sugar free products.
  • jodear8125
    jodear8125 Posts: 32 Member
    Minimal white carbs and fruits low in natural sugar like berries.
  • dchesna272
    dchesna272 Posts: 2 Member
    I was diagnosed last week by my doctor as being diabetic. One item she recommended was to make a chia seed smoothie/pudding. It tends to help you feel full longer.
    You combine 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk,
    2 cups frozen or fresh fruit,and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in a blend until smooth. If you use less milk you can get a thicker result which if you refrigerate it for about 4 hours you get more of a pudding.
  • stormingqueen
    stormingqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, diagnosed as type 2 about 3 weeks ago.
    I eat keto and learning this new tyoe of eating.
    I was at 7 for my A1C but checking mysugr app see that it was 5.5 yesterday.

Drink lots of water. I am improving but still struggling to drink more than 51 oz.
    I have been looking up tons of recipes on youtube.
    I have also started freezerfit which is a prep food plan. I feel if I couldn't pull something from the freezer when tired I might take in more carbs than I want.