Still enjoying food 😋

Options
Today I had chic-fil-a. After logging it and seeing I hadn't gone over my calorie limit for the day felt good. It's makes it easier to know I can still eat what I want and enjoy food while still on my weightloss journey. One thing I learned through this process is restricting is my enemy but moderation is my friend. Just exercising when I can and keeping track of calories is really making things easy. Plus having realistic goals like losing 5 lbs a month instead of 20 a day lmao 🤣. Add me as a friend so we can support each other

Replies

• bobschmidt21
    bobschmidt21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That’s what it’s all about! As long as it fits in your calorie goal then you’re good. Food should be a reward and withholding food should never be a punishment. We should feel good about food.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That spoiler was full of truth. And OP 👌
  • asiita_azura
    asiita_azura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a similar thought just a few minutes ago! I got to have mini frosted donuts today, as a treat. And I'm still just under my calorie budget!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    There is one serious flaw in your post...a very serious flaw that could have huge ramifications and unintended consequences for people trying to lose weight and reading this!

You went to Chic-fil-A and not Popeyes

Preach!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Today I had chic-fil-a. After logging it and seeing I hadn't gone over my calorie limit for the day felt good. It's makes it easier to know I can still eat what I want and enjoy food while still on my weightloss journey. One thing I learned through this process is restricting is my enemy but moderation is my friend. Just exercising when I can and keeping track of calories is really making things easy. Plus having realistic goals like losing 5 lbs a month instead of 20 a day lmao 🤣. Add me as a friend so we can support each other

Tracking calories is really what it’s all about. I rarely cook. I despise it. Probably 75% of what I eat is from a restaurant or pre-prepared in some way. Yet I managed to lose almost 60 pounds and have mostly maintained for 6 or 7 years. I put on some weight caring for my mother after a surgery with complications that I’m working on losing again, but that’s about 10 pounds. If you lose weight the same way you plan to maintain it, it’s a pretty easy transition. But yeah, living proof right here that eating out doesn’t have to blow your diet.