Who have you told about your weight loss mission?

Options
2»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Nobody
    I don't really share it with other people - if I have a good workout or something I may snap a photo and post it, but I don't really put it out there. My boyfriend ends up aware every time I'm tracking my calories, some friends end up seeing that, but I don't really talk about it to much of anyone. I have one or two friends I might confide in, but that would be about it, one I would probably strive to help use as an accountability buddy.
  • Lullaby2021
    Lullaby2021 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nobody
    No one this time, I learned my lesson from telling people. It is my little secret. That they'll find out later on their own.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Nobody
    No one. Not even my husband who is the most unobservant person you’ve ever met. When I’d lost about 60 of my 75 pounds we were out to dinner with friends who were like “Oh my goodness you’ve lost so much weight!” And my husband looked surprised. When people asked how he reacted to my 75 pound loss I would say “ he never noticed but also didn’t seem to notice when I was obese!”
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Nobody
    This time? No one. I got a couple of comments from coworkers saying I was looking good. One person asked if I was trying to lose weight. I just said thank you to both of them and kept walking. I feel like when I tell people I either get sabotaged or I start feeling guilty when my progress slows.

When I go see my GP for my physical, I will tell him what I am doing.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Only family/people in your household
    My answer was originally only those in my household. But now I have lost enough for people to notice and some have asked. I try to keep my response very brief. Maybe a quick Thank you with a “I am trying to improve my health”.
  • AmiW85
    AmiW85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nobody
    Nobody. I've said it so many times, and lasted a week, then ended up fatter that before I don't want to say anything yet. I have told people I'm cutting out alcohol, but said that's for health reasons x