Looking for a (female) accountability-buddy!

barsillaeT
barsillaeT Posts: 2 Member
Hi! I’m a 24 years old female, a graduate student. I’m looking to lose 30lbs in 2 months and trying to find someone who would love to be accountability buddies together! Preferably another woman. Maybe we can even become friends but we can certainly help each other stick to our goals and lose weight! Thank you

Replies

• vishoemaker
    vishoemaker Posts: 3 Member
    Would love to buddy up!
    I am the only female in my household.
    I am looking to lose 2 pounds per week. I am very consistent with preparing balanced meals.
    It has taken me almost 3 years to fully understand my Metabolism.
    I would love To share my tips and tricks.
    I especially need help with the steps category.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    Curmudgeonly granny-esque advice: If you don't currently weigh weight 400 pounds or so, I wouldn't recommend losing 30 pounds in two months as a health-promoting goal. (Don't believe the weight loss rates you see on reality TV or tabloid headlines.)

To lose 30 pounds in 2 months (about 3.75 pounds a week), you need to eat 1875 calories fewer per day on average than you burn. That's punitively extreme.

If you're an average-height woman your age, even at 300 pounds, your all day sedentary calorie burn would be estimated around 2500. The implication is that you'd need to net a mere 625 calorie intake daily for two months, which is not enough nutrition for any adult, and creates high health risk . . . if you could even stick to it for a full 2 months. If more like 200 pounds currently, you'd get to eat more like 125 net calories daily.

Please rethink. Consider this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761904/under-1200-for-weight-loss/p1

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh and interfering. I just like to see people stay healthy and energetic while accomplishing their weight management goals.

(No, I'm not a resentful granny who doesn't like to see young women reach goal weight. I lost over 50 pounds a few years back myself, have remained at a healthy weight since. I'd love to see you succeed, not just in reaching goal weight, but establishing habits that will keep you there - sincerely.)
  • sherryannnbourne
    sherryannnbourne Posts: 2 Member
    I am currently 210 trying to lose 40 pounds over 5 months. Anyone looking for a friend
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    @AnnPT77 beat me to the curmudgeonly advice thing.

You’re going to torture yourself to lose it, and will rebound and gain it back + more.

Not healthy and not wise. I second everything she says.
  • barsillaeT
    barsillaeT Posts: 2 Member
    Would love to buddy up!
    I am the only female in my household.
    I am looking to lose 2 pounds per week. I am very consistent with preparing balanced meals.
    It has taken me almost 3 years to fully understand my Metabolism.
    I would love To share my tips and tricks.
    I especially need help with the steps category.

Yay awesome! Also thanks to everyone who gave advice I do appreciate it. I’m still trying to figure this app out, it’s been a while since I used it last. Not even sure how to enter in my weight change.

I’d appreciate any and all tips <3 Wonder if there’s another forum or setting for us to write each other? Maybe privately? Or maybe we should just post updates here.

Anyways how was yesterday for you. Mine was good. I did have a cake slice but I also “lost” 1.5 lbs. It’s probably just water weight but I’m still happy to see it.

Do you weigh yourself daily? Also how do you find the time to meal prep oy vey that’s awesome.
    I am currently 210 trying to lose 40 pounds over 5 months. Anyone looking for a friend

Maybe the three of us can be buds together? I’m 185lb with a now extended goal of -30lb in 3-5 months lol

Are you just starting off or have you been at this for a bit?

• HealthunderGrace
    HealthunderGrace Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I’m Tanía, and I am 5’2”, 180 lbs looking to lose 20 lbs by October 2022. I’d like accountability partners. I’ve lost 4 lbs, in 2 weeks; and my fat loss journey this Christ-centered. I’m looking for additional support.