Minding my own business

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
So I know this woman who is an elementary teacher. Well if she was ever in the classroom that is what she would be doing. Basically I live in an area with several school districts close to each other. She gets hired and is there just long enough to go out on short term disability or has an accident that she sues the district for. Then she hops to the next district and does the same thing. I have seen this happen 4 times in the 5yrs she has been back to teaching (she transported prisoners for the local pd until she took disability for emotional stress before teaching). I want to mind my own business but it seems so wrong. Every time she does this a class of 30 kids have to be taught by substitutes for weeks or months until she doesn't come back and they replace her. This time she "fell" off a desk while decorating her classroom and sued the district because they failed to make her watch the safety video. Its all a big scam and its those kids that will pay for it. It seems like the state should be keeping some sort of record of how often a person sues them or claims disability while working for them. On one hand I want to mind my own business but on the other there are 30 kids and an entire district that is already stretched thin that pay for the fraud. Does anyone know of anything that can be done (that won't get me sued - she likes to sue) ?

Replies

• HeyImMarcus
    Options
    TLDR
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    TBDR

b for boring?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    TBDR

b for boring?

Normy, Normy, Normy...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    So I know this woman who is an elementary teacher. Well if she was ever in the classroom that is what she would be doing. Basically I live in an area with several school districts close to each other. She gets hired and is there just long enough to go out on short term disability or has an accident that she sues the district for. Then she hops to the next district and does the same thing. I have seen this happen 4 times in the 5yrs she has been back to teaching (she transported prisoners for the local pd until she took disability for emotional stress before teaching). I want to mind my own business but it seems so wrong. Every time she does this a class of 30 kids have to be taught by substitutes for weeks or months until she doesn't come back and they replace her. This time she "fell" off a desk while decorating her classroom and sued the district because they failed to make her watch the safety video. Its all a big scam and its those kids that will pay for it. It seems like the state should be keeping some sort of record of how often a person sues them or claims disability while working for them. On one hand I want to mind my own business but on the other there are 30 kids and an entire district that is already stretched thin that pay for the fraud. Does anyone know of anything that can be done (that won't get me sued - she likes to sue) ?

OP only one solution... You are going to have to push her down some stairs for real.
  • In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anonymous tip? Just a thought. Pray about it for wisdom. :)
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    She is a state employee, you should be able to just make a phone call and report her without having to give your personal information. Our state has a tip line. Or contact the local news, they love tips and such about this kind of thing.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    TBDR

b for boring?

jDxXf41.gif
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    She is a state employee, you should be able to just make a phone call and report her without having to give your personal information. Our state has a tip line. Or contact the local news, they love tips and such about this kind of thing.

Yeah, there is a teaching union.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Aren't there insurance companies involved when these claims are made? I can't believe they have not caught on... I would definitely go with the anonymous tip if I were you.