Fellow cat people - what's wrong with my kitty???

Options
2»

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Have you switched their litter Recently or moved anything in the house. I moved my recliner once and my cat peed on it till I moved it back. Its weird but cats are finicky about small things
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    How is the test result from the vet? It is not UTI, maybe the dog is stressing your cats out.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    Have you switched their litter Recently or moved anything in the house. I moved my recliner once and my cat peed on it till I moved it back. Its weird but cats are finicky about small things

Nothing has changed. The litter has been in the same place from day one. We've used the same litter for years with no problems. Food hasn't changed recently. Work schedules are the same. Furniture hasn't move an inch. I don't get it!
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My cat is doing the same with her poopies :explode: and was doing it with piss. :noway: She is now pissing in a box 0 we now have tree boxes with a new type of litter.The poop could be cuz of missing the box so i'll try an enclosed box next.

shes my only pet at this point. and is 18 yrs old. i thought maybe its senility but she poops right next to the box nowadays. she used to poop on our couch, till we added additional boxes.

weve confused her too as we switched bedrooms twice.

thanks for al the tips on tis thread.
    jope u worked you issues out!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You sound like a good kitty mommy. I've had four cats over the years, and my youngest kitty was a Manx who frequently had crystals in her bladder. There was always blood in her urine, and she would go all over the house; she must have had the constant urge to urinate. She would immediately feel better and stop when we went to the vet, so whatever they did for her, I can't remember, it must have worked quickly. They changed her food to a formula that helped her body *not* make crystals, and that worked fairly well. I don't think that is your kitty's problem, but I'm not a veterinary expert by any means. It could be a UTI, or she could need kitty Prozac. I wish you lots of luck, and please let us know what happens at the vet tomorrow. I do remember that none of my cats urinated outside of the box unless they had a medical problem (they were all fixed females).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You sound like a good kitty mommy. I've had four cats over the years, and my youngest kitty was a Manx who frequently had crystals in her bladder. There was always blood in her urine, and she would go all over the house; she must have had the constant urge to urinate. She would immediately feel better and stop when we went to the vet, so whatever they did for her, I can't remember, it must have worked quickly. They changed her food to a formula that helped her body *not* make crystals, and that worked fairly well. I don't think that is your kitty's problem, but I'm not a veterinary expert by any means. It could be a UTI, or she could need kitty Prozac. I wish you lots of luck, and please let us know what happens at the vet tomorrow. I do remember that none of my cats urinated outside of the box unless they had a medical problem (they were all fixed females).

Yeah, my cat is on a special diet that stops the crystals/sludge from building up, too.

OP: if that's what's wrong with your cat a change in diet will work wonders. I really hope your poor kitty feels better soon. =(
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    Saw the vet today. They couldn't get any urine to sample, but he gave her an anti-biotic shot and a steroid shot. We're also switching her to a urinary health food. Fingers crossed! We just did a thorough cleaning of all litter boxes and the floor she continues to pee on. We also still have the Feliway diffuser up. So..... hopefully with all of these things, it stops. Vet didn't think it was behavioral since she is only peeing in one area.