High Fiber recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• BlondeDragon123
    BlondeDragon123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat a No Cow Protein bar before the gym every morning. The different flavors range from 14-17 grams of fiber per bar!!! Fantastic. I personally like the mint chocolate and chocolate covered peanut butter ones the best. Vitamin shoppe app gives coupons for 15-25 % off so I stock up by buying about 4 cases (12 bars per case). Happy fibering!!!!
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to overcomplicate it you can also just add more veg to whatever you were going to eat anyway.

I aim for 50% of my plate to be veggies with every meal. (Fruit if you like a sweet breakfast)

I eat lots of legumes too, so tasty and filling and cheap.

Switch to wholegrain versions of pastas and bread.

So today I am having baked beans on wholewheat toast for breakfast.

Lunch is a sausage roll with potato salad and steamed cauliflower and broccoli

Dinner is a taco bowl made with rice blackbeans salsa cheese tomatoes lettuce and carrot.

Desert is a scoop of chocolate chocolate chip icecream in a cone.

That's 1600 calories, 3 hearty meals plus desert and I've got 36g of fibre without trying.

If your cooking a meal with chicken, try replacing half the chicken with chickpeas

I cooked brisket flavoured stir fry beef the other day, but threw in a tin of mixed beans as well

Replace your ground beef with 50% lentils

Helps heaps budget wise too 😊

• maeruthumb
    maeruthumb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you truly want more fiber ,try eating wfpb , follow the starch solution, you will never get enough fiber or macros doing the s.a.d.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My go-to that I eat a LOT: Curried lentils. I think it’s 9 grams of fiber. Here’s my sort-of recipe for 4 servings:

Heat a little olive oil, sauté half an onion, a couple stalks of celery, and a carrot or two, all diced. Add a can of diced tomatoes and 2 cups broth, any kind. Add curry powder (or you could do ANY herb/spice combo). Bring to a boil, add a cup of lentils, and cook until they’re done. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I like a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and I also make tortilla strips out of high-fiber wraps in my air fryer to put on top.

You WILL have the toots. ;)