Losing 65 lbs is expensive!

Replies

• Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Yes, I understand about how that can be expensive. I've lost 75 lbs over the last year and mostly had clothes in my closet in all different sizes to get me through. However the last time I was at the size I am now it was winter. So I ended up buying some summer clothes and also wearing some clothes I had that were a little too big so it hasn't been too bad. Still want to lose another 25 lbs and then reevaluate if I think I need to lose a little more. Good job @ElMeroKeeQue on practically reaching your goal.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It's that I hate clothes-shopping - any time, any type - with a fiery passion.

I hate clothes shopping, too. And shoe shopping. Ugh. any kind of shopping. Don't even like shopping for cycle shorts. :D

• Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    My recommendation: Wear anything with a drawstring, pants-wise of course.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes I dont mind at all, let the weight go off.
  • siralpha90
    siralpha90 Posts: 3 Member
    GSPsnBees wrote: »
    I'm in the process of backing into old pants and using exercise clothes to cover the gaps at this point. Though I'm definitely going to end up buying a bunch of clothes eventually. Looking forward to the new clothes. Not looking forward to the credit card bill.
    Yes my workout clothes help and thankfully I’ve transitioned to working from home 100%. My professional attire is pretty much nonexistent since I donated all my pre COVID clothes. They were all size 38, 2xl etc. I now wear 30-32 and small/medium.
    I have two pairs of jeans on the way and a new shirt for our annual beach vacation at the end of this month :)

Wow! That's great, especially "They were all size 38, 2xl etc. I now wear 30-32 and small/medium." I'm at the XL stage now and I hope I get to fit into a small/medium some day!

Keep up the good work!
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2022
    Funny comment from my mom the other day “another new dress? Oh well, I guess they all HAVE to be new now!”
    And they really do - I am past the point of being able to wear even my “thin clothes” because I am 25 pounds lighter than I was for those. It is fun reading the “model is 5’8’” and is wearing a size s” in a listing and clicking “add to cart”
    Oh yes that IS a good feeling! I’m a little old to be a model but hey a dude can dream can’t he? Haha!
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    I spent way too much money on new clothes and don't regret it!
  • JoshIsRunning
    JoshIsRunning Posts: 22 Member
    Now, get rid of your big clothes and vow to never go back!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Now, get rid of your big clothes and vow to never go back!

When I dropped the weight the 2 times before I got rid of my fat clothes and vowed never again. But once I started to regain I kept all my smaller clothes. I've learned to never say never. I swore I'd never be wearing size 24/22's again and I have....twice more. So instead of doing the same thing I did before to drop the weight, I did it different. So hoping for a different result this time around and can never buy fat sizes again.
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    The expensive thing for me has been bras. I started out in a 40F, so I wasn't lacking up top to begin with. I figured they'd shrink as the band shrunk, and I'd be down in sizes that I can pick up at any chain store. Ha ha. 60 pounds down, three clothing sizes down, yep. And the bra is a 34J. And I still have fat to lose around the torso....but I get back and neck spasms if I don't wear a bra, too.

By and large I'm wearing cheap T shirts and yoga pants until I get done losing more weight. I really don't want to have to tailor clothes around my bustline.

It ticks me off to no end that there never seems to be a price break on bras. It's not like pants & shirts where you go into the store and find a great sale and buy them at cheap prices. Nope....seems like the savings you made are all going towards that 1 new bra. And it's a necessity.... Undies seems to fit forever as we go down....lol
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 541 Member
    The expensive thing for me has been bras. I started out in a 40F, so I wasn't lacking up top to begin with. I figured they'd shrink as the band shrunk, and I'd be down in sizes that I can pick up at any chain store. Ha ha. 60 pounds down, three clothing sizes down, yep. And the bra is a 34J. And I still have fat to lose around the torso....but I get back and neck spasms if I don't wear a bra, too.

By and large I'm wearing cheap T shirts and yoga pants until I get done losing more weight. I really don't want to have to tailor clothes around my bustline.

It ticks me off to no end that there never seems to be a price break on bras. It's not like pants & shirts where you go into the store and find a great sale and buy them at cheap prices. Nope....seems like the savings you made are all going towards that 1 new bra. And it's a necessity.... Undies seems to fit forever as we go down....lol
    Well my wife has found that Poshmark is great for finding cheaper bras that fit. Maybe find one full price at a store and go in on second hand ones of the same make and size using Poshmark.
    She started selling her clothes that don’t fit her as she’s lost about 60 lbs as well.
    She’s also got me selling my old roosevelts shirts that are xxl and don’t fit me anymore. I’ve made a nice profit on a couple of them.
    That’s one way to recoup all the expense on new clothes, if you’re of the entrepreneurial spirit :)
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Congrats! 🎉 you’ve come so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!