Cant add quick add food

Hi i cant add quick add for food like carbs protien to work out calories when i was on app before i could and others can and not paided to upgrade ive ask before but no answer thankyou

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    edited July 2022
    Your previous post was less than two hours before this one, slightly impatient 😉
    Also, these forums are not a kerosene, just other users like you, even if some people from MFP occasionally reply.

Quick add on the free app is only for adding calories. If you want to add macros via quick add as well, you need the premium version. It's always been like that, as far as I can remember (but I might be wrong, it's not a functionality I use often).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever had the option to Quick Add macros on the free version. I've been on only the free version since 2007.

Also, @Lietchi, what does this mean?
    Also, these forums are not a kerosene

..or do I just need to Google that? :lol:
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever had the option to Quick Add macros on the free version. I've been on only the free version since 2007.

OMG, I hate my phone keyboard's swipe mode 😆 I meant 'helpdesk' or something like that!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lietchi wrote: »

OMG, I hate my phone keyboard's swipe mode 😆 I meant 'helpdesk' or something like that!

Yeah, Google was no help.

I never use my phone with MFP. I can only imagine the gobbledygook that would appear if I did! Thanks for letting me know it wasn't my lack of coolness.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Your previous post was less than two hours before this one, slightly impatient 😉
    Also, these forums are not a kerosene, just other users like you, even if some people from MFP occasionally reply.

Quick add on the free app is only for adding calories. If you want to add macros via quick add as well, you need the premium version. It's always been like that, as far as I can remember (but I might be wrong, it's not a functionality I use often).

Just the occasional dumpster fire :laugh:
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,233 Member
    There are some generic listings that people have added for probably the same reason. Here's what I found -

Generic Protein - Generic Protein - 1g - 4 cal
    Generic - Carbohydrate - 1g - 4 cal
    Generic Fat - Generic Fat - 1g - 9 cal

So you would just have to enter how many g of each that you ate. You won't get info on the fat composition that way but as a quick add, it should work.