Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just Joined

Good morning,

I’ve spent the last six months on WW. I really enjoyed tracking everything I ate and drank. It helped me actually see what was happening. I just didn’t like the “points” part. At one point I lost 10 pounds, but it all came back. I tracked my food, exercised, drank my water, blah, blah, blah. My life has been a yo-yo of weight loss and weight gain. I am currently the heaviest I’ve ever been. Part of that is my age (turned 50 at the end of June). I spent a long time learning to love myself and my body. I still do, I just would like to be a bit slimmer. Not have to need a seatbelt extension on an plane. That just happened for the first time.

I’ve done enough diets to know that skipping meals doesn’t work for me. I seem to do best with a low carb diet. Which is a challenge, because I am Italian and pasta and bread are a huge part of my culture, my family and my life. Carbs are also my happy place. So, that is a struggle, but I am looking forward to finding balance. I enjoy a good dessert, but would not consider myself a sugar junkie. That title belongs to my husband!

At the moment I don’t have any motivation to exercise, but I know that will happen as I start seeing the weight come down. I am looking forward to using this tool and platform to help with my journey.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,228 MFP Staff
    Hi, welcome to the MyFitnessPal community!