Cooked Chicken Recipe Help.,.

Options
TexasTallchick
TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
I know chicken is on the brain today, but I cooked mine already.

Besides tossing into salads, what else can I do?

I looked around online and most recipes used chicken cooked in some sort of spice or with something else. Mine is just plain. I’m not very creative.

Thanks for all ideas, even bad ones. JK!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You can shred it up and add whatever kind of sauce or seasonings you want, and it'll probably be pretty good. A stand mixer makes quick work of shredding cooked chicken, use the paddle attachment. You can turn it into enchilada filling, do BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches, make chicken salad (play around with flavor profiles - you can honestly put just about anything in a chicken salad and it's good, and you can swap out most or all of the mayo for plain Greek yogurt to cut the calories a bit).
  • SherGurl
    SherGurl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Use with low carb tortilla, could make bbq chicken pizza or chicken quesadilla.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Chop some up small - mix a bit of mayo with curry powder and stir into the chicken. Coronation Chicken sandwiches.

Shred it - cook some peppers/mushrooms/onions in fajita spice, have with tortillas and salad.

Roll out some puff pastry on a baking tray, top with pesto, whatever veg you fancy and some of that shredded chicken.

Roast Mediterranean veg, make up cous cous, stir up together and add chicken. Add some zatar to the veg before roasting.

Add to noodle soup, make a pie or pasties.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Slice the cooked chicken thinly and use as a sandwich filling.

Cube the cooked chicken and mix it with small amounts of various vegetables/fruits and nuts. Dress it lightly and use as a stuffing for bell peppers or ripe tomatoes. I like to use celery, apple, pineapple, almonds and a yogurt dressing.

Boil some broth and turn some of that chicken into a simple soup. You can use some frozen mixed vegetables or any you like and add a starch to the broth (potato or pasta or rice or dumplings)

Sauté some vegetables as for a stir fry and add some cooked chicken pieces at the end. I like to use onion, celery, peppers, mushrooms, but have also done it with broccoli, snap peas, carrots, zucchini. Make a very light slurry of corn starch and water or broth seasoned with soy sauce at the end to make a sauce. Serve over rice if you want.

• Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Soup, either traditional chicken/vegetable soup, or maybe Pho (Vietnamese soup) or toss into your own homemade ramen. We've also shredded and tossed into pan with BBQ sauce (but be mindful of the sauce as it does add sugar, calories, etc.) and made BBQ chicken sandwiches. Also, maybe a chicken Cesar wrap, or blend with chicken gravy over mashed potatoes (assuming you want/need something a little heartier.) Maybe a chicken salad sandwich? Just some ideas if in case anyone needed more. :)
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    So many uses for cooked chicken. I boil one whole 1.5kg chicken per week. I cover it with water and add some salt then cook for 1 hour on low then let it cool a bit in the liquid before packing into the fridge whole. I remove the meat as I need it. Obviously I get meat but also a light stock from the simmering water and also chicken bones which I freeze and make more stock from later. From the meat I make salads, sandwiches, curries, soups and varios stews. For the hot wet dishes like soups and curries etc., the stock comes in useful. The stock is also a good liquid to cook rice in if you have a rice cooker. I sometimes place the meat like a whole breast on a plate and steam it to heat it up then serve with a green Chinese veg, some sweet soy sauce and steamed rice.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    My favourite easy way to use leftover chicken is a vaguely Mexican salad to have in a wrap or a tortilla. Mix chopped chicken with a chopped avocado, a jar of store bought salsa snd some chopped fresh coriander.

Also google avglemono soup. Combine with a greek salad to make it a meal.