Fitbit and MFP workout logs

Options
KittyKatalicious
KittyKatalicious Posts: 2 Member
Someone in another group suggested I post this in the Tech section to maybe get a more clearer answer.

I have a Fitbit synced to MFP and I record my workouts on the Fitbit only. MFP takes just the steps I've taken and automatically logs them in the Exercise section for the calorie adjustment but the calories aren't what my Fitbit says I've burned for my workout. Do I also need to manually log my workout calories burned in the Exercise column?

For example, today I did a casual walk on the treadmill and my Fitbit said I burned 365 calories but MFP took my steps synced and adjusted only 299 for the steps. Do I need to enter the treadmill walk and 365 burned for a total caloric burn of 664???

Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 768 MFP Staff
    Options
    We're sorry for any confusion surrounding your Fitbit calorie adjustment! As it turns out, individual exercises logged within Fitbit will not show as an individual line item within your exercise diary on your MFP account. The calorie burns for those specific exercises are sent to MyFitnessPal and included within the total daily calorie burn pushed from Fitbit to your MFP account. This is then displayed within the details of the MyFitnessPal calorie adjustment in your Diary.

If you have additional questions on this, we recommend reaching out to Support Team directly via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
This discussion has been closed.