Changing Apple Region

Options
spaceman_ausg
spaceman_ausg Posts: 1 Member
Hello, my partner and I are changing apple region in their apple App Store from Singapore to Australia but we read that app purchases won’t be transferred across.

This limits us using the premium MyFitnessPal accounts we recently purchased if it’s true.

Would you be able to help with a solution?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,324 MFP Staff
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Ultimately this is an issue with Apple's policies, which we have no control over. Since MFP staff do not work for Apple, we can only give you limited insight into how their storefront and policies might work.

That being said, my understanding of our own systems is that once you have paid for your subscription, it is going to continue for the duration no matter what. A subscription isn't a "purchase" in the way that buying a song or a paid application is, so I would think that even if your purchases are erased, you will retain access to Premium on our end even if you change your region in Apple and your purchases are wiped out. It's extremely likely that you will not have to do anything more than re-subscribe once your existing subscription ends.

What I would suggest is that you cancel the auto renew for your subscription through your subscription settings on your phone, and take a screenshot of your purchase receipt or your subscriptions page confirming you bought a subscription. If in the event your subscription is wiped out (which I don't believe will happen) you can write in to our Customer Happiness team and they should be happy to add Premium to your account for the remaining duration of your subscription.

From there, we would recommend subscribing directly through our website to avoid further billing issues with Apple. Alternatively, once your current subscription ends, you can create a new subscription through Apple if you would like.

To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
This discussion has been closed.