Calculation/weighing

Options
etautolo07
etautolo07 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone ☺️👋,. Brand new to the app as well as my first day of my fitness/weight loss journey! I had a question about how to weigh your proteins, fats & carbs. If 90g of protein is recommended for the day & I weigh 90g of chicken. Is that the actual number of protein? How do I weight protein?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,372 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh your foods, look up the appropriate entries in the food database and then add them to your diary.
    The app will use the info from the food database (amount of protein, carbs etc.) and calculate the totals for you.

90gr of raw chicken is not 90gr of protein, protein is only one of the components of chicken: there is also fat, carbs probably not so much, and also a lot of water.

The foot database is largely crowdsourced, so check the entries you use to make sure they are correct and complete: compare with the food label, or, in case of whole foods, the USDA database is a good source. It's a bit tiresome in the beginning, but once you've use a food entry it's easier to find again.
This discussion has been closed.