Do you feel this way after losing weight??

Options
I'm under 5 ft, and I have lost 27.4 pounds -- yay! But I still feel just as big at 132 pounds as I did at 160 pounds. I'm still planning to lose at least another 12 pounds, but I'm just wondering how long it takes your mind to catch up with your body.

I know I'm not skinny yet, but shouldn't I feel skinner at this point?

Yes, my clothes are all too big now and I see a difference in pictures, and that's awesome. But I am having trouble feeling different.

How much did you have to lose to feel skinny/healthy? Did it just take time for your mind to catch up?

Replies

• JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thats odd as I feel it. I feel lighter on my feet and the b est part is if bend to the side or something I dont feel the fat folding anymore(gross!)

So glad I am where I am now but still have a few pounds to loose.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    reminds me of myself :-)
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Its odd. i totally know what your talking about. befor mfp i lost 12 lbs. But since mfp i lost an additional 15 lbs. this last week ive been weighing myself almost in disbelief. i dont feel.lighter. even tho i have been recieving compliments and my pants are looser. its odd how that feeling is.....
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    it takes a while. A new wardrobe might help speed things up.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've seen others who've lost a significant amount say it took about a year for they're mind to match they're new selves.
  • taramaraa
    Options
    Just let it take time, the mind doesn't always recognize the body as it probably should. It took me nearly three years to recognize that my body was heavier than it should be, and it will probably take the same amount of time for the reverse. Just be patient with it, it's not a very motivating or ground-breaking feeling after doing so well, but try and accept this is the way it is. Just as it takes the mind time to learn a skill, or a person, it will take your mind time to learn your new body! You can always encourage it by enjoying your body: admiring yourself in the mirror; taking lots and lots of new pictures; trying new things and new experiences that you know you couldn't do when you were bigger. Just enjoy the process step by step!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just let it take time, the mind doesn't always recognize the body as it probably should. It took me nearly three years to recognize that my body was heavier than it should be, and it will probably take the same amount of time for the reverse. Just be patient with it, it's not a very motivating or ground-breaking feeling after doing so well, but try and accept this is the way it is. Just as it takes the mind time to learn a skill, or a person, it will take your mind time to learn your new body! You can always encourage it by enjoying your body: admiring yourself in the mirror; taking lots and lots of new pictures; trying new things and new experiences that you know you couldn't do when you were bigger. Just enjoy the process step by step!

Great advice! Thank you for taking the time to write this. To be honest, I didn't think of it this way -- that it took my mind time to realize I had gained so much weight. I guess it only makes sense that it will take time to feel that I am smaller.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    New clothes help. Lifting weights also helps in making you look better an healthier instead of just slightly smaller.