Can I add uneaten calories next day ?

Options
OK so I'm on 1.380cal a day and I didn't manage to fully eat all of them and I've never done that before I had 600 cal left

Can I now add the 600 that wasn't eat onto my calories today so extra 600 today bassicly,

Alot of people I've found been doing this as apparently you can because it will still be a deficit for that week if you eat the missed calories but needed to ask for sure first

Thankyou everyone

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    You can certainly look at your calories on a weekly basis instead of daily basis. You can't actually transfer the calories, but you can choose a weekly view in your diary (after selecting the pie chart icon at the top).

I wouldn't recommend this regularly though, eating only 780 calories a day.
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always eat 1,380 to around 1,500 a day and never had 600 left before so wanted to just see if I could have the 600 extra today to make up for it but OK thankyou
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,541 Member
    Options
    It's fine to eat them. MFP may reset at midnight, but our bodies don't. It's all about how we eat on average, over a period of time.

That said, I'm glad to hear that it's not your habit to severely under-eat your goal, because that can cause issues for some people (in the form of fatigue, cravings, appetite, etc.).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is generally how I eat, my calories are 1460 per day, but during the week I hover around 1250, and then that gives me a bit of leeway on the weekend to bump up for some adult beverages or some higher calorie noms. I lost 80lbs previously doing this, it helped me make it a lifestyle, because during the week I'm more than happy to have the same breakfast and lunch, and dinner follows the same format (meat, lots of veg, usually a fat source) and on weekends we can go out for a meal or I can cook something fancy.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would if I were you. I don't track a lot anymore but even when I did and especially now, I'll have days where I'm just cruising and don't eat a ton, then I'll have days where my body just needs the extra food.
    When I was tracking religiously, I would also save up a few hundred calories from days here or there for a special event or weekend where I knew I wanted to splurge.
  • rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Definitely. I go for a weekly goal, eating a bit less at the start of the week if possible, to allow extra calories for meals out or weekend ‘treats’.