Do you guys really count calories?

Replies

• quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Yes I weigh EVERYTHING and Count EVERYTHING. It was the key to my success at losing 200 lbs :smile:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    someone should create a website that does it for you
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    After a while of tracking, when you look at food....all you see are calorie numbers, grams of protein, sodium levels...etc...

This is true for me.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Yes, I weigh/measure and log everything. It's easy. Plenty of people reach their goals without counting calories but this is what I like. :flowerforyou:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member

:laugh: ...maybe even an app to go with it!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Accurate tracking will get you results that are more predictable
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    nope, I just pretend to ....works for me ..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Accurate tracking will get you results that are more predictable

complete malarky ...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    tumblr_mbhoqgBPJW1qzr715o1_500.jpg
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Yes i leave my food scale out and i have 2 sets of measurement cups ( in case one is in the washer lol) I dont like eating out so it's not a problem and i usually make all my food
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    I log it all....all calories, all foods, all drinks, all exercise.....and measure the foods and drinks and use the same utensils and plates, bowls, cups ect. that I put the measured product in...and recheck every few days...sometimes the eyes misjudge...I even count crackers...anal? Probably....but I want to stay fit!! And quickest way to lose my fit and firm is to just guess! I do give myself time off and have a beer or 2 and skip the anal-ness..gotta stay sane and focused:-) All work and no play is no good!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Yep, measure everything, log everything.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I can't imagine why I would be here if I wasn't counting calories.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Someday I hope not to have to count calories. But that is going to be a long way down the road.

I know for a fact that there are some people who are so "in tune" with their bodies they just instinctively know when to eat less or eat more. Those people do in fact exist and I really am happy for them.

However, and I am just speaking for me, counting calories is the only way for me to "re-learn" how to eat and develop good life-long habits!
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member

:laugh: ...maybe even an app to go with it!

and get on the treadmill for you and lift the weights.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    i weigh / measure EVERYTHING, i log EVERYTHING...

EVERY SINGLE CALORIE that goes into my mouth gets counted!

^^THIS.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    I log everything and measure out :smile: I used to be rubbish with portion sizes so really learnt how to do it right now when I'm around food I'm just there like that's x calories should be x grams for one portion - it can get annoying but I find it fun :laugh:
  • I would say yes! When i look at food i see sat fat, carbs and protein , :smile:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I have a food scale I use for figuring out meat portions and a set of measuring spoons and measuring cups I use for everything else. I make all meals at home with the exception of maybe 1-2 we have a week with friends, at which point I either eyeball portions or look up the restaurant's nutrition. It's not too time consuming, and most of the time I either log as I eat or after I've eaten, unless I'm really budgeting calories (though I haven't had this happen since I cut out carbs)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Yes. It isn't hard.