Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Add the option to disable popup notifications

Options
I find the new feature of a popup box telling me I have a new notification to be very annoying. I am perfectly capable of seeing the highlighted number by the notification icon in the header - why do I need a popup as well?

Please add the option of disabling this feature. Right now, the only way to disable it is to completely disable notifications altogether and I would prefer not to do that.
5 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,344 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    What I don't like about it is when there's a pop up, it's not included in the number in the bell. I'm a team leader and do a lot of reading and writing. Most of the time I am in the middle of doing something else (or I'd not be on the site in the first place) and by the time I'm done, I've forgotten about that pop up that distracted me, and there's no number in the bell to remind me I have something else that needs attention. As a leader, that's not good. To me, it's breaking something that was fixed rather than fixing something that was broken.