Don't Want to be Fat and Fifty...

Options
vegabay
vegabay Posts: 11 Member
Hi all. Catchy title to get everyone to read, but really, my main objective is to be healthier. I am currently 49 though. And sure, it would be nice to lose weight before 50, but I'm really on here because I finally got a primary physician for the first time in my life and let's just say she wasn't too kind!
My cholesterol is around 250 and she put me on meds. I tried to convince her I could lose weight and get it down on my own, but it was a no go.
I know I can lose weight and get it down because I have gotten on myfitnesspal, upped my exercise, cut alcohol down and lost 40 pounds twice over the years. However, clearly, I struggle to maintain that healthy existence.
Anyway, looking for support as I make my 3rd times the charm attempt. I want to show this doctor that it's not the meds at my 3 month appt. that lowered my cholesterol it's my lifestyle change and weight loss.
I'm a picky eater and that can sometimes be a challenge, but I know if I just improve the foods I like to eat to healthier versions I can be successful. Looking for kindness and support. Thanks all!

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello! Welcome back. Wishing the best of luck on this new journey to be healthier. Take it one day at a time.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Yours is a familiar story-- so take heart in that you're not alone!
  • blobby2021
    blobby2021 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a yoyo dieter but I'm determined not to be fat when I hit 50 next may so I've started the countdown.