App reinstalled, no history, no recipes. All is good on the website

Options
Vlabey
Vlabey Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I had to reinstall the app and lost all data.

They are correct on the website though including my recipes. How do I sync the history of the website and my recipes to the app please?

Thanks

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,324 MFP Staff
    Options
    Due to the size limitations on the app itself, there is actually a limit of how many entries can be stored on the device at one time. Currently the limitation is set for 3,000 entries of each type of data (food entries, exercise entries, food notes, exercise notes, etc.).

If you recently transferred or reinstalled your device, then unfortunately, only 3000 entries for each category would then transfer over. For example, if you do not have 3000 entries for exercise, but you do for food, then you may be able to see your exercise data for a longer period of time, than you would for your food entries.

It is also possible, data may be missing due to a glitch in one of our updates, and as such is causing your data to temporarily be missing. If this is the case, the best way to see if your data is still there is to check your account on our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com (simply log in with the same login information as the app).

When data syncs from the app it should be stored on our main servers online. This way, if there is an issue with the app, and an uninstall and reinstall of the app is needed to correct the problem, data should restore back to the app from the main website.

If you are able to locate your data on the main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, and are confident all your information is found online, we would then recommend you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that restores your information.

Unfortunately if a reinstall does not cause the data to reappear within the app, there is not a way for us to manually populate that information, but you will be able to continue accessing that data via our website.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support team. Please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
This discussion has been closed.