Why does my saturated fat goal show a value of 20g after I've set it to 15g?

Options
toddmike1964
toddmike1964 Posts: 5 Member
Why does my saturated fat goal show a value of 20g after I've set it to 15g?

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,324 MFP Staff
    Options
    Have you logged exercise today? If so, this would likely account for the increase in your goals.

When you create your profile, we ask you for your age, height, weight, gender, and normal daily activity level. We use these factors to determine the calories required to maintain your current weight. We also ask how much weight you would like to lose or gain per week, and with this goal in mind we subtract calories (for weight loss) or add calories (for weight gain) to determine your daily calorie goal.

For more information on how we calculate your initial goals, please see this article: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032625391-How-does-MyFitnessPal-calculate-my-initial-goals .

Because your daily calorie goal already accounts for your intent to gain or lose weight at a particular rate, you can achieve your goal by eating the specified number of calories per day, with no additional exercise required. If you do exercise, then your daily calorie goal will increase for the day, to stabilize your weight loss or weight gain at the rate you initially specified.

The calories added to your daily goal are divided among the various nutrients such as fat, carbs, and protein, which is why these increase when you log calories from exercise.
This discussion has been closed.