Is anyone else at the beginning of C25K

Options
I'm starting C25k (tomorrow is week 1, day 3) and looking for anyone else who has recently started or is about to start.

After C25k I intend to continue training to include 10k and then a half marathon. I have planned events: 5k in October, 10k in December and Half in March. I've been very inactive over most of the past year, but have done 4 halfs previously.

Replies

• mummermike8
    mummermike8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago with success. I did run a few 5K's some better than others. I had some health issues and stopped running. All that is behind me and I want to get going again. I think I'll do the C25K to get back into it.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Did it, loved it, took me a year to get to a comfortable 5k. After about 5 more years, can do more.

Notes:

- 3 running workouts a week. You can walk or do any low-impact exercise on some of the other days.
    - You don't have to move to a new workout until you're ready. Repeat workouts as much as you want. Take your time.
    - You don't need to be able to run continuously to get a good workout. Run/walk intervals are great and you never need to move past them if you don't want to.
  • mummermike8
    mummermike8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good advice Jthan, thanks for the info.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your goals ! I hope you get there. I'm still unsure about running because of hip surgery. But I always wanted to do a half marathon.