488 Days

Options
Hello, I am Juanita. I have type two diabetes and had an A1C of 9.3, had, it was checked in February, 6.8. My glucose is below 110 now so I expect the A1C to be lower in August when I do the lab work again. I really rely on MyFitnessPal to keep me aware of my macros and nutrients and their connection to calories. I lost pounds and inches and medications stopped. I thank God and the staff at MyFitnessPal.
Tagged:

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Juanita. I have type two diabetes and had an A1C of 9.3, had, it was checked in February, 6.8. My glucose is below 110 now so I expect the A1C to be lower in August when I do the lab work again. I really rely on MyFitnessPal to keep me aware of my macros and nutrients and their connection to calories. I lost pounds and inches and medications stopped. I thank God and the staff at MyFitnessPal.

Great Job! Keep going to be free from all those meds...best wishes to you!
  • FinishMay72
    FinishMay72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Juanita! First of all, congratulations!! What are your macros set at? I’m prediabetic and wondering what proportions are best. Thanks! Susan.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Fantastic to be get your A1C lowered!
  • tumbleweed7834
    tumbleweed7834 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My new goal is to keep my A1C down, I do labs August 25th. My glucose is randomly checked three times a week and I had a couple of spikes. Mostly, the glucose is around 100. I can’t advice you on macros, not having it yet is a good thing, you need to visit a dietician to prevent it through meal planning.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    today is my "488 days" streak so this being bumped to the top caught my attention! congrats to your A1C
  • tumbleweed7834
    tumbleweed7834 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did my labs, my A1C is 6.5
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!