Getting the wrong numbers from connected apps

Options
bastianloetzer
bastianloetzer Posts: 3 Member
Hi! So i connected my Polar Flow app with MFP for my training but when it copies a training from it, it changes (lowers) the numbers of calories burned...
I looked in the Polar Flow app but there, the training is correct... So why the hell does the app here changes randomly the data it gets?!

Thx in advance!

Best Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,372 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From memory because I had a Polar before my current Garmin watch: because the data you see in Polar Flow is gross calorie burn (including BMR) and MFP receives the net calorie burn (to avoid double counting BMR calories)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,372 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry, I don't understand your question.

The calories sent over to MFP being net calories instead of gross: not sure how that makes any training stats useless?

Garmin has a similar method, where workout calories include BMR calories for the duration of the exercise. I don't see the problem.

Answers

• bastianloetzer
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    From memory because I had a Polar before my current Garmin watch: because the data you see in Polar Flow is gross calorie burn (including BMR) and MFP receives the net calorie burn (to avoid double counting BMR calories)

So if i train with Polar Beat, which transfers to Flow and then to MFP the calories burned counted at the end are not just my training but also other aspects? Wouldnt this make the training stats totally inaccurate and to an extend unseless?
  • bastianloetzer
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand your question.

The calories sent over to MFP being net calories instead of gross: not sure how that makes any training stats useless?

Garmin has a similar method, where workout calories include BMR calories for the duration of the exercise. I don't see the problem.

Ah, now i understand. Thank you for your help. :)
This discussion has been closed.